When guests arrive without notice, it may seem impossible to dish out chicken delicacies, that too in a short span of time. However, there is whole range of chicken recipe ideas that are pretty easy to try and require very less preparation time. All you need to do is to store chicken in your refrigerator for such situations where you might have to whip up a quick chicken dish for your guests. Below given are some quick dinner recipes with chicken that hardly require any time or extensive preparations. Read on to know your pick!
Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- 1½ cup Rice (long-grain)
- 6 boneless Chicken Thighs (cut into small pieces)
- 1 Red Pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 2¾ cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1½ tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Pre-soak rice in water for around 20 minutes. In the meantime, season chicken using salt, pepper, ground coriander and cumin.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook the chicken, till it becomes light brown in color. Set the cooked chicken aside.
- Now, heat remaining oil and put onions in it. Add red pepper and garlic and fry onion, till it becomes transparent.
- Spoon in cooked chicken pieces and add salt and pepper to taste. Then, add drained rice, bay leaves and raisins.
- Bring the mixture to boil and allow it to simmer, till the rice becomes tender.
- After chicken pilaf is fully cooked, garner it with chopped parsley, before serving.
Chicken Stir-Fry (with rice)
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 1/2 pounds Chicken Breast (cut into broad strips )
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 3/4 cup Carrots (diced)
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup Celery (chopped)
- 8 ounces Water Chestnuts (sliced)
- 4 tbsp Canola Oil
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Stir-fry chicken in a pan, till it is just cooked.
- Stir in vegetables, chicken broth and soy sauce, and bring it to boil.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow the mixture to simmer till the vegetables are tender and crisp enough.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl and continue to mix until it becomes smooth.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Take care to stir continuously.
- Cook on low heat, till the sauce thickens.
- Spoon hot chicken fry over rice and serve.
Chicken Soup (with dinner)
- 1/2 pound Chicken Breast (cooked & chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (diced)
- 3/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- ½ cup Celery (chopped)
- 15 ounces Chicken Broth
- 10 ounces Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Egg Noodles
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1/2 tsp Basil (dried)
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Melt butter in a large pot and add onion and celery. Cook the ingredients till they become tender.
- Now, add chicken broth along with all other ingredients. Bring it to boil.
- Lower the heat and allow the soup to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- The hot chicken soup is ready to be served!