Tender and succulent, chicken is the most convenient meat around. Chicken can be cooked into anything imaginable and in a countless number of ways. From the bizarre chocolate chicken to the heavenly butter chicken, you will be spoilt for choice. Its health benefits are known widely. For centuries, a bowl of chicken soup was the best antidote for a number of common ailments. One of the main reasons of why chicken is considered to be the best meat is that it can be cooked even with the minimal ingredients and still taste great. The whole range of tandoori chicken can vouch for it. Not many meats can boast of it. Read below for some quick chicken recipes.
Quick And Easy Chicken Recipes
- 4 Chicken Cutlets
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour (for dusting)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 cup dry White Wine
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Lemon Slices
- Fresh Parsley (for garnishing)
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Then dust them in flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Sauté the cutlets two minutes each side. Take the cutlets in a platter.
- In a pan, take the white wine and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until the garlic is slightly brown.
- Then add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers to the pan. Add the cutlets and cook for one minute. Then flip the cutlets and cook for another minute.
- Take the cutlets in a plate. To the broth add the butter and lemon slices and heat till the butter melts.
- Before serving pour the sauce over the cutlets and garnish with fresh parsley.
Serves – 2 to 4
- 1/2 cup Dijon or Coarse Ground Mustard
- 1/4 cup Apple Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 cups fresh Soft Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Almonds (ground)
- 3 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp dried Basil Leaves
- 8 Chicken Breast Halves (boneless and skinless)
- Take the mustard, apple juice, garlic, and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a pan and mix in a bowl.
- In a pan, take the crumbs, cheese, 3 tablespoons melted butter, salt, pepper and dried basil. Toss to mix evenly.
- Roll the chicken in the mustard mixture and then roll it in the parmesan and breadcrumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Line a pan with foil and place the chicken in it. Bake for 30 minutes in an oven preheated at 375 degrees F until it becomes golden brown.
Serves – 8
Pecan Chicken With Mustard Sauce
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves (boneless and skinless)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup Creamy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- 1-1/2 cups Pecans (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Creamy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- Dash of Pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme Leaves
- Place the chicken breasts, boned side up, in two pieces of wax paper and pound them with a rolling pin till tender.
- Roll the chicken on the flour then on the salad dressing and finally on the pecans. Press the chicken breast firmly on each of the ingredients to coat them properly.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and then add the olive oil.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. When thoroughly cooked remove the chicken and to the drippings add the salad dressing, sour cream, pepper and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.