The very word ‘barbeque’ leaves many people mouth watering. Barbeque dishes rake up passions and many lightheartedly consider them as food fit for the gods. For foodies who especially love to sink their teeth into some delectable chicken, barbecued chicken happens to be the hit answer. But before knowing more on chicken barbeque, check out some interesting facts on barbeque here. The sights of hoardings with smiling pigs are a common sight throughout America which gives a harmless connotation of barbecued pork available in the restaurants. It is still an undecided matter as from where Barbeque actually originated. Some give a vague explanation of barbeque coming all the way from Guyana; where ancient tribes found nothing as tastier as the split roast of their enemies. But there is yet another contradictory statement that barbeque is an integrated form of a French phrase ‘barbe a queue’ which meant “from head to tail”. This must have inspired some skillful chefs to go ahead with the whole-hog cooking method. There is also another notion that it comes as a combination of bar, beer, pool and roasted pig ending in a term BAR-BEER-CUE-PIG. Whatever the case is, barbeque is true to have come a long way getting itself booked in almost every menu card that are served at any good eateries across the globe. Barbeque dishes stand a class apart. Below are some mouth watering recipes of barbecued chicken that you will really love.
Easy Barbeque Chicken Recipes
- 1 kg Chicken (whole or cut in pieces)
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- 1 head Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Beer
- 2 cups of Lemon grass for whole chicken
- 1 tsp Black pepper (ground)
- 3 tbsp brown or white Sugar
- Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped onions, beer, sugar and pepper together.
- Marinate the chicken in that mix.
- Refrigerate the chicken for 1 to 3 hrs.
- Fill the chicken cavity with lemon grass if you are grilling it whole.
- Cook it on grill or in oven until golden brown.
Barbecue Chicken With Cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 slices Pepper cheese
- 1 cup Barbecue sauce
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Fill it with cheese and hold it with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill the covered chicken over medium heat pouring the barbeque sauce frequently.
Teriyaki Barbecue Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken breast fillets
- 250ml Teriyaki sauce
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Mix together teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Put the chicken pieces into it. Coat the chicken pieces well with it.
- Refrigerate it for 24 hrs.
- Grill the chicken for 10 minutes until it is soft and cooked.