According to a Chinese myth, peach is consumed by those who seek immortality. Anyone who eats peach is ensured of a long life. Even the supreme Gods are immortal because they consume peaches. There is a belief that Yu Huang, who is known as the Jade Emperor, and his mother, Xi Wangmu, made the gods immortal by making them eat peaches of immortality. This they did at a banquet called “the Feast of Peaches”, after a wait of six thousand years as the peach fruit is believed to ripen only after 3000 years. But if you are planning to include peach for immortality then you are most likely to get disappointed. If you are ready to settle for a little less like good health, for example, then rest assured that your wish will be granted by the peach. For every 75 grams of peach that you consume your body is fortified with 7 grams of carbohydrate, 1 gram of potassium, and 8% of the body’s daily requirement of vitamin C. All this with only 30 calories, and so it makes good sense, if you can include peach dishes in your diet. To know more on how you can prepare quick and easy peach recipes read below.
Quick And Easy Peach Recipes
- 1 cup Quick-cooking Oats
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup diced Peaches
- 3/4 cup chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a bowl, take the oats and buttermilk and mix them.
- Add the vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla, and egg and using a fork mix.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are dampened.
- Take 12 medium sized muffin cups and grease the bottoms. Fill the cups with the batter.
- Bake at 400oF for 20 minutes.
Serve – 6 to 12
- 6 Pie Shells (baked)
- 1 tsp Gelatin (unflavored)
- 2 tbsp cold Water
- 1 cup Apricot preserves
- 3 tbsp Sherry
- Dash of Salt
- 6 Peach Halves
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
- 6 Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Soak the gelatin in cold water to soften it.
- Heat the apricot preserves, until it reaches the boiling point and add the gelatin to it. Stir until dissolved.
- Add the sherry and a pinch of salt.
- Set the preserves to cool until it thickens.
- Now, in each mini pie shell place a peach half with the cut side down.
- Pour the preserved mixture into each peach.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cream and beat it until soft peaks form. To each pie with the cherry and serve with the cream.
Serve – 6
- 3 Peaches
- 1/2 cup Sherry Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- Cut the peaches into halves and remove the stones.
- Drizzle the peaches with two tablespoons of lemon juice. Cover the peaches with a plastic wrap and keep aside.
- Take the brown sugar, vinegar, black pepper and lemon juice in a pan and mix. Boil till the mixture is reduced to half.
- Oil the grill lightly and place the peaches with the cut side down. Cover and grill for two minutes. Turn the peaches and baste with the vinegar mixture. Cover and then grill for three minutes.
Serve – 3
- 1 can Peaches in Syrup
- 1 package Gelatin (Lemon Flavored)
- 2/3 cup creamed Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream (chilled)
- Heat a cup of syrup from the peaches and add it to the bowl containing gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Set the bowl to chill until the gelatin is thickened.
- Add the cheese, peaches and pecans to the gelatin.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Now fold the cream into the gelatin mixture.
- Grease a mold with vegetable oil and pour the cream and gelatin mix into it. Set it to chill until firm.
- Remove from the mold and garnish with mint leaves and a few slices of peaches.
Serve – 3 to 4