It is often said that “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper”. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is very essential to have a heavy and filling breakfast before you step out for your daily routines. Often we are in a hurry to reach our workplace and hence, we tend to either skip the meal or have something that is ready made. Thus, the basic nutritional requirements of our body are not fulfilled and our health begins to deteriorate gradually. Instead of skipping the meal, we can go for easy to make recipes, which will not only fill our stomach, but also fulfill our daily nutritional requirements. For your convenience, we have provided some quick breakfast recipes which will help you to keep yourself and your family healthy and fit. Check out the breakfast recipes given below.
Easy To Make Breakfast Recipes
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Water
- A pinch of Salt
- 3 ounces Cheese (Cheddar or Fontina)
- 1½ tbsp Butter or Margarine
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (coarsely grounded)
- Finely Chopped Onions (for garnish)
- Toasted Country-style Bread (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the egg and water and keep beating, until you get a fluffy mixture. Add salt and black pepper to the mixture. Ensure that you do not overbeat the eggs, as this will toughen the proteins present in the egg whites. Keep the strokes up to a minimum of 25 to 30 quick beats.
- In a non-stick pan or skillet, melt around 1½ tsp butter or margarine, over a medium flame. Pour around half cup of the egg mixture over the skillet and allow it to cook for some time.
- Around 25 to 30 seconds later, when the sides of the mixture begins to set, push the cooked egg from the sides, towards the center of the skillet, using a heat-safe spatula, such that uncooked egg reaches the bottom of the skillet.
- Repeat the above process several times, until the omelet is set with a creamy and moist portion on the top.
- Sprinkle around ¼ cup cheese over half of the omelet and fold the unfilled portion over the filled portion.
- Gently give a shake to the pan, to loosen any filling or egg from it and serve after sprinkling green onions over the toast.
- 4 tbsp Dried Egg Whites
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup Buttermilk Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ¼ tbsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Flaxseed Meal
- ¾ cup Milk (non fat and dry)
- ¼ cup Oat Bran or Wheat Bran
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, egg whites and buttermilk powder.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the above mixture. Sprinkle the salt and sugar over the mixture.
- Pour in the dry milk, bran and flax seeds. Blend these ingredients together to form a mixture of appropriate consistency.
- In a non-stick frying pan or a skillet, pour some vegetable oil and allow it to heat for some time.
- Using a spoon, pour some of the batter over the pan to form around-3 inch rounded pancakes. Cook the batter until the edges of the mixture are dry and the top is bubbly. Flip the pancake and allow the other side to cook for some time.
- Keep the pancake over the pan, until it acquires a golden-brown color. Repeat the same process with the remaining batter and make pancakes in a similar pattern. You can top the pancakes with maple syrup or any fresh fruits.