Believe it or not, a good breakfast sets the tone and mood for the rest of the day. Since it comes after a long gap, the body especially welcomes it. Thus depriving a body of breakfast results in a loss of energy that will affect your entire day’s work. For most people breakfast is a very simple affair. Due to lack of time they have to make do with whatever they can lay their hands on, which in most cases is not much. So, having a special breakfast during the weekend is a very good option. You will have the time and the luxury to enjoy an elaborate spread. However, the effect of an elaborate breakfast can be heightened if you know how to conjure delectable dishes in minimum time. After all, who would want to cook just after waking up? To help you rustle up scrumptious breakfast dishes really fast read below.
Quick Breakfast Recipes For The Weekend
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Ham (diced and cooked)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mushrooms (diced)
- 1/4 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup Green Pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Tortilla Shells
- Finely chop the ham, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, and red pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add all the chopped ingredients. Cook for 4 minutes with frequent stirrings.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Drain the mixture.
- Warm the tortilla shells in an oven or microwave for 20 seconds.
- Scoop the mixture into each shell and top with shredded cheddar cheese, and a dash of cayenne pepper sauce.
Serves – 2
- 8 slices of Bread
- Vegetable Oil cooking spray
- 6 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Cream or Milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives (finely chopped)
- 2/3 cup Tomatoes (semi-dried)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp Butter
- Heat a sandwich maker.
- Coat one side of the bread slices with oil and put them on a plate with the oil side down.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, cream, chives, salt, and pepper. Then add the tomatoes.
- In a frying pan melt the butter and then add the egg mixture. Cook for one minute. Stir the eggs from the outer edge to the center till the eggs are cooked.
- Divide the egg mixture on four bread slices and top with another slice. Make sure that the oil side is on the outside of the slice.
- Place the bread in the sandwich maker and cook for 6 minutes till the bread is golden brown.
Serves – 4
- 3 cups Oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 cup Coconut (shredded or flaked)
- 1 cup Pecan or Walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Butter (melted)
- 1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Dates (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried Apricots (chopped)
- In a bowl, take all the ingredients except the raisins, dates, and apricots.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish and microwave for 10 minutes at high power till light brown. Stir every 2 minutes.
- Take out of the microwave, add the raisins, dates, and apricots, and stir.
Serves – 6
Sausage And Egg Casserole
- 6 slices Bread (cubed)
- 1 pound Sausage (browned and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Grease a baking dish and place the bread cubes on it.
- Sprinkle the sausage and cheese evenly on the bread.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and pour it over the bread cubes. Cover with a foil and chill overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before baking. Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes until set.
Serves – 8 to 10