Breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day, as it is imperative to start your day on a healthy note, with a nutritious meal. A healthy breakfast keeps you energized and active throughout the day. At the same time, it improves your overall well-being, productivity and longevity as well. It is therefore, advised not to skip your breakfast under any condition. Studies have also established that those who skip their breakfast indulge in snacking and put on unwanted weight. In case, you are looking for some healthy breakfast options, the article brings some very easy to make and healthy breakfast recipes. Try them and remain healthy!
Easy Recipes For Breakfast
Egg Mock-Muffin Sandwich
- 2 English Muffins (toasted)
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 cup Egg Substitute
- 2 slices Canadian Bacon
- 2 empty Tuna Cans/ Similar Cans (washed & label removed)
- 2 slices Less-fat Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper (freshly ground)
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Use canola cooking spray to coat half of a 9" or 10" nonstick frying pan and place it over medium heat.
- Beat the egg with the egg substitute in a bowl and set aside.
- Place bacon in the pan, over the spray-coated area. Spray the canola cooking spray on the inside of the tuna cans and place them on the non-sprayed side of the pan.
- Flip over when the bottom side of the bacon is light brown in color and cook the other side. After both the sides are cooked, remove bacon from the pan and set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into each tuna can. Sprinkle pepper to taste. Use a butter knife to cut around the inside of the cans as the egg surface begins to firm. This is done to free the edges.
- Now, turn the eggs over with a cake fork and cook for another minute. Remove eggs from the can.
- Layer an English muffin bottom with a cheese slice, then an egg patty, followed by a piece of Canadian bacon, and the muffin top. The egg mock-muffin sandwich is ready!
Cinnamon Vanilla Toasted Oats
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Water
- 1/2 Rolled / Old-fashioned Oats
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Put cinnamon in a very small cup and stir in the vanilla extract, followed by water. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a nonstick frying pan with the canola cooking spray. Place about 1/2 cup of quick or old-fashioned oats in the pan, over medium heat. Allow the oats to toast for a minute or so.
- Drizzle the vanilla mixture over the top. Stir the oats continuously, until they assume a light brown color. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Store the toasted oats in a covered container or a sealed plastic bag until you are ready to use them.
Note: In the cinnamon vanilla toasted oats recipes, you may not coat the pan with canola cooking spray, if you so desire.