Many people choose to eat light meals or snacks during the day, in order to help them lose weight more effectively, rather than to eat a heavy meal, and then starve. There are still others, who get these cravings for food and wish to snack, on and off. No matter which category you come into, it is imperative that you choose healthy snacks, so that you can make the most out of your snack breaks. While soda, candy, and chips are tasty, they are not always the best option since, they will not be able to provide your body with the nutrition that is needed. A healthy snack is one, that will keep you full and give you the nutrition, which you need. It is one, that will not add unnecessary calories but will yet provide you with the energy that you need on a dull day. Some people believe that healthy foods are boring and are not tasty. However, there are various options available for healthy and delicious food. Read on to know ideas on healthy light meals for adults.
Healthy Light Meals For Adults
- Use foods that are fresh, and that you can prepare fast. A healthy option would be vegetable sticks with a low-fat dip. This does not require any cooking to be done. For a dash of uniqueness, you can add a little peanut butter, to your celery stick. Include a few apple slices for protein.
- Sandwiches are healthy and tasty. If these are made out of whole grain bread, you will be able to get the full benefit of the fiber you need. You could go in for fillings like cucumbers, tomatoes, ham, or chicken. Add butter or mayonnaise to enhance the taste.
- Yogurt is tasty and rich in nutrients like vitamins and proteins, and therefore makes a great snack for adults. Make your yogurt taste different, by adding granola bars, sweeteners or by even, making it into a smoothie.
- Popcorn is great, despite the fact that some people have a warped idea that it is high in calories. This is probably the tastiest healthy food available and is sugar-free, low in fat, but rich in fiber. Enjoy a snack of popcorn but just ensure that you do not add too much of butter or salt to it, or it will defeat the purpose of having a healthy snack.
- Nuts are easy to carry around and eat wherever you are. They are rich in protein and have high nutritional value. Eating too many of them is not advisable. Therefore, carry around just about three tablespoons of nuts, so that you will not over-indulge.
- Bowls of cereals can be really healthy since they are rich in fiber and vitamins. With various new flavors added to cereals these days, no one can say that these are not tasty!
- Not to be forgotten are fruit smoothies and juices. There is a never-ending list of juices, that you could make and ways in which you could experiment with making a unique, personalized juice or smoothie.
- For those who believe that all pizzas are not healthy, here’s a great tip to have a healthy, yummy pizza. You can prepare pizzas with whole-wheat English muffins, dried oregano, salt-free tomato sauce and low-fat mozzarella cheese.