A grueling day spent at work, with all its trials and tribulations would leave anyone so stressed out, that forget fixing a dinner, it would be a miracle if you can get a decent sleep. The stress at, and of, work is enough to kill the appetite. This is especially true for working mothers who have to juggle their career along with their family. It can be quite a nightmare for those moms who have to face the task of cooking as soon as they get home. So, to avoid this, most working moms adopt a quick fix solution. That is either to eat out, or order anything from outside. This, as anyone will tell you, can only fill your stomach, and give you weight, but it won’t provide the healthy fuel that is required for the proper functioning of the body. After all, if the woman of the house is unhealthy then the entire family suffers. It is said that out of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, it is the dinner that should be the simplest affair. However, at a time when the breakfast and lunch have become a grab and gobble affair, it is absolutely necessary that the dinner be nutritious and healthy. This cannot be provided by any takeaways. The best option that a working mom can adopt is to cook those recipes for dinner that are quick and easy to make. If a complete healthy dinner can be made within half an hour then she can ensure the health of herself and her family. Read below for some quick dinner recipes.
Quick Dinner Recipes
- 8 oz Salmon Fillets
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except salmon fillets.
- Take the fillets in a baking dish and pour the mixture over the fillets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes with the dish uncovered.
Serve – 2 to 4
Ready In – 20 minutes
- 4 pieces Mahi-Mahi Fillets
- ½ stick Butter
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Take the butter in a pan and melt it over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix the soy, Worcestershire, and lemon pepper.
- In a baking dish, place the fillets and pour the marinade on top. Coat the fish thoroughly.
- Preheat the grill for 15 minutes and then grill the fillets for 6 minutes each side. Baste with the marinade occasionally.
Serve – 2 to 4
Ready In – 22 minutes
Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
- 12 oz Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- ¾ lb Beef (ground)
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 28 oz Tomatoes (crushed)
- ½ cup fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup Parmesan (grated)
- According to the instructions given in the package, cook the pasta.
- In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion, carrots, and garlic for 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the beef and increase the heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the parsley and stir.
- Serve the pasta along with beef and garnish with parmesan.
Ready In – 15 minutes
- 1 lb lean Turkey Breast (ground)
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ cup sodium-free Chicken Broth
- In a large bowl, mix all the spices. Add the turkey and thoroughly mix.
- Add the chicken broth and mix. Keep for 15 minutes.
- Form eight patties of ¾ inch thickness.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the patties for 8 minutes per side.
Serve – 4 to 8
Ready In – 35 minutes