If you think of peaches and cream as one of your conventional salads, with greens and food slices tossed up then you are mistaken. This doesn’t even look like a salad. On first glance, you will think that it is some kind of jelly or maybe an ice cream. But only when you realize that it functions as a side dish and a very scrumptious one at that too, that you will be forced to tune your mind away from thinking that you are having a dessert before the main course instead of a dainty salad. Even the richness and sweetness of this salad can confuse you, making it a strong contender against any dessert. The best is to stop thinking of whether you are eating a salad or a dessert and sink your teeth into this wonderful gastronomic adventure. Let the tongue do all the working as you relish the crunch of the peaches and pecans and leave the job of categorizing to the food purists. Peach salad is a good way to use peaches in an entirely different way if you have gone bored with an overdose of peach pies and peach ice-cream. It also gives a delicious touch to any occasion and a platter of peaches and cream salad with its fiery orange glow can light up any dinner table. To help you rustle up a quick and easy peach and cream salad read below for a number of such recipes.
Quick And Easy Peaches And Cream Salad Recipes
- 28 ounces Peaches in Syrup
- 1 package Lemon Flavored Gelatin
- 2/3 cup creamed Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup chilled Whipping Cream
- Take a cup of syrup from peaches and heat it until it gets hot.
- Place the gelatin in a bowl and then pour the hot peach syrup over it. Stir so as to dissolve the gelatin. Leave it to cool.
- Refrigerate it to thicken the gelatin mixture.
- Now, add the cheese, pecans, and cottage cheese into the thickened gelatin mixture.
- Beat the whipped cream to form soft peaks. Then fold the cream into the gelatin mixture.
- Grease a mold with vegetable oil and spoon in the gelatin-peach mixture.
- Keep for refrigeration until it becomes firm.
- Remove the mixture from the mold and take it in a bowl. Garnish with mint leaves and a few slice of peaches and serve.
Serve – 3 to 4
- 3 ounce Lemon Gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling Water
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1.3 ounce envelope Whipped Topping Mix
- 3 ounce package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- 3 ounce package Lemon Gelatin
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 21 ounce Peach Pie Filling
- Take the gelatin in a bowl and pour the water over it. Stir thoroughly to dissolve the gelatin.
- To the dissolved gelatin, add the orange juice.
- Set the bowl for refrigeration until it is partially set.
- Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and then fold it into the gelatin mixture.
- Grease a medium sized square dish and pour the gelatin mixture into it.
- Set it for refrigeration until firm.
- To make the peach layer dissolve the gelatin in a bowl of water.
- Add the pie filling and stir. Then set it to chill until partially set.
- Before serving pour it over the cream-gelatin mixture and serve.
Serve – 9