It usually happens in the evening, say somewhere around 6 or 7 pm, you start feeling really hungry. The time is such that dinner seems far away. At the same time, you do not feel like having fast food, either because you do not want to add empty calories or feel that it will spoil your appetite for dinner. In such a situation, having a salad seems to be the best possible alternative. In case you are a non-vegetarian, who runs away at the mere sight of greens, this option might not sound too pleasing. Let me tell you that there are many salad options for non-vegetarians too. It is one of these options that we will describe here, and that is egg salad. It is delicious, not at all heavy and will control your hunger for another hour or so. Check out the easy egg salad recipe given here and know how to make the yummy dish in a matter of minutes.
How to Make Egg Salad
- 1/3 cup diced pimiento
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-2 tsp lemon juices
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 fillets of anchovies
- Take the boiled eggs and separate them into yolks and whites.
- Take the egg whites and finely chop them.
- Next, mince anchovy fillets. Make sure that they are as fine as possible.
- Using flat blade of the knife, mash the minced anchovy fillets, into a paste.
- Put this paste into a bowl and add mayonnaise, paprika, pepper, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Add egg yolks and one or two scoops egg whites.
- Mash all the ingredients, whole trying to break up the egg whites as finely as possible.
- Taste the mixture and add salt, if you want.
- Mix in parsley, pimientos and remaining egg whites. Fold the ingredients nicely.
- Your egg salad is ready, Garnish with paprika and a parsley sprig.