Omelet is one of the most popular food items, especially amongst those who are not exactly non-vegetarian, but shy away from chicken and meat. The dish is easy to prepare and anyone can learn to make it. Omelettes make up for excellent breakfast, as they are light, yet filling. Since they are easy to make and good to taste, they are also a favorite choice for late night snacks. You can either have them plain or have add-ons, such as ham, cheese, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onions. Though the basic way to make omelet remains the same, the varying ingredients can vary the taste slightly. Check out some tips on how to make omelet.
Easy Omelet Recipe
- Frying pan
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- The first step for making an omelet is to spray the frying pan with a cooking spray. You can also use butter. if you like the taste.
- Heat up the pan until water sprinkles sizzle on it.
- While the pan is getting hot, crack two eggs in a bowl. Ensure that no egg shell falls in it.
- When the pan gets hot, add eggs to it. Use the spatula to break the yolk, so that it’s runny. Do not stir.
- Spread the egg matter around the whole surface of the pan. Using a spatula, gently push edges of eggs away from the pan, as they cook.
- As the eggs are being cooked, sprinkle some cheese over them. You may even lay strips of cheese if you like. Make sure that the cheese is one that melts easily.
- By the time you have the cheese added, the egg yolk should be almost cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Fold one side of the omelet over the other with the help of a spatula.
- Press gently on the omelet, after it’s folded over, to help melt the cheese inside it.
- Now, turn the side of omelet to the other side and sauté. You can even skip this step, if you don't like both the sides cooked.
- Once done, slide the omelet onto your plate and enjoy the yummy delight!! You are sure to love it more because you have made it yourself.