On a hot summer day, what could be more refreshing than a salad made of watermelon? Cool, nutritious, and refreshing, watermelon is a perfect first course meal for a dinner and a wonderful snack for a lazy afternoon. Watermelon belongs to the Cucurbitaceous family, which also includes fruits like pumpkin and cantaloupe. It was originally found in South Africa. It is rich in its medicinal benefits.Water melon is a good source of minerals including calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. Nutrients such as vitamin C, beta carotene, vitamin B5 as well as folic acid are present in watermelon. It’s also considered among nature’s most powerful antioxidants. It contains Vitamin A and C. This fruit helps to prevent cancer. Watermelon is exceptionally high in Citrulline. It has many medicinal benefits. It helps energy production of human bodies, fights muscular degeneration prevents erectile dysfunction and loaded with antioxidants. Read on to know some of the easy watermelon salad recipes.
Easy Watermelon Salad Recipes
Watermelon Fruit Salad Recipes
- 1 ripe watermelon
- 12 ounces fresh peaches
- 12 ounces grapes, seedless
- 2 bananas
- 1 can frozen orange juice, melted
- 1 medium sized cantaloupe, sliced
- 10 ounces blueberries and strawberries
- For making water melon fruit salad, either you can scoop out the watermelon or slice them into cubes.
- After finishing with water melon, keep it in bowl.
- Chop two bananas, fresh peaches and grapes too.
- Add the chopped bananas, peaches, grapes, strawberries, blueberries to the bowl in which you kept the watermelon slices.
- Pour orange juice over this mixture and mix them gently and slowly.
- You can keep the salad in refrigerator to chill and serve.
Watermelon Summer Salad
- 48 ounces watermelon
- 3/4 cup crumpled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup red onion
- 8 ounces fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces pitted black olive halves
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Cut red onion into very light slices and keep it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle lime juice over it.
- Wait for ten minutes for onions get to lose its raw flavor.
- You can chop the water melons into cubes during this waiting time.
- Add onion with lime juice to the mixture.
- Add feta cheese and chopped mint to it.
- Pour olive oil over the salad and mix thoroughly.
Grilled Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 1/2 watermelon, seedless
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 16 ounces fresh baby arugula, washed and dried
- Kosher salt- as per taste
- Fresh finely cracked black pepper
- Extra-virgin oil
- Unlike in other water melon preparation, you have to remove the rind of the watermelon and cut it into one inch thick slices. Keep it in a bowl.
- Take a saucepan. Pour some vinegar into it and boil it in a medium to high flame.
- After vinegar become thick, turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Prepare the nonstick grill pan by heating it on a medium to high flame.
- Sprinkle olive oil over watermelon which kept in the bowl and then put this mixture to the hot grill pan
- After the pieces are fully grilled, put it on a plate and sprinkle kosher salt, for taste.
- You can put a piece of grilled watermelon and baby arugula when it needs to be served.
- Add cheese over the mixture and repeat the previous procedure with baby arugula this time.
- Sprinkle olive oil and black pepper over it and it is ready to serve.