Fried ice cream is a relatively new dessert, which is now finding its way on the plate of the food connoisseurs. Available in two basic varieties - Mexican and Asian, the dessert involves freezing ice cream at a much lower temperature than the one at which it is usually stored. This is to make sure that the ice cream does not melt completely, while being fried. In case you also want to try the new dessert, the recipe given here will come handy. Browse through the following lines and get instructions on how to make fried ice cream.
Easy Deep Fried Ice Cream Recipes
- 2 packets Vanilla Ice-cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Cookie Crumbs
- 1 cup Dry Bread Crumbs, powdered finely
- 1/4 cup Coconut, desiccated
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Ice-cream Sauce
- First of all, you will need to scoop out ice-cream and roll it into balls.
- Keep the ice cream balls in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Take a bowl and put cookie crumbs, vanilla essence and beaten egg in it. Mix well.
- Take another bowl and in it, whisk together bread crumbs and coconut powder.
- Get the ice cream balls from the freezer and roll them in the bread-crumb mixture.
- Next, dip the balls in the coconut-crumb mixture.
- Keep the ice cream balls in deep freezer and chill for 8-10 hours.
- Put oil in a pan and heat it for deep frying.
- Fry ice-cream balls, one at a time, until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with the ice-cream sauce of your choice.
- 1 packet Vanilla Ice-cream
- 1/2 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Scoop out 5 balls of vanilla ice cream. Refrigerate them again for 20 minutes. In the meantime, combine crumbs, cinnamon, and the sugars, to make a mixture.
- After 20 minutes, take out the frozen ice cream balls from the refrigerator. Roll them in the mixture and leave them to freeze again.
- Beat the egg and dip the coated ice cream balls in the egg. Now, roll them again in the remaining crumb mixture.
- Freeze the ice cream balls yet again, until they are solid enough to be used.
- Prepare the fryer to fry the ice cream balls, by heating the oil to a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Put a frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on a perforated spoon. Lower it into the heated oil for about one minute and place it on a dessert plate.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other ice cream balls, frying them one at a time.
- Before serving, drizzle honey over the fried ice cream balls. You can also use whipped cream as topping.