Be it your afternoon hunger pangs or the desire for a luscious dinner time meal, egg fried rice is a recipe that will woo you no end. Apart from being extremely luscious in taste, the recipe is also very easy to make and can be prepared within a matter of minutes. When you make egg fried rice, you can either go for pre-cooked rice or cook it along with the other ingredients. To know more on how to cook egg fried rice in the best possible way, make use of either of the two recipes listed below.
Egg Fried Rice Recipes
- 1 cup Uncooked Instant Rice (white or brown)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Snow Peas
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce (low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Gather all the ingredients that you need for egg fried rice, so that you do not end up running here and there, while making the dish.
- Place a saucepan on flame and pour 1½ cups of water into it. Now, add 1/2 tsp garlic salt and 2 tbsp soy sauce to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- As soon as the water starts boiling, pour instant rice into the water and mix thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid. Leave it like this for at least 5 minutes. This will let the rice steam and cook.
- Pour 1 tsp vegetable oil into a skillet or a wok and place it on the stovetop, over medium heat.
- Put chopped onions and snow peas in the skillet/ wok and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes. Do make sure to keep on stirring the ingredients, otherwise they will not get cooked evenly.
- Crack two eggs and drop them into a small bowl. Start beating the eggs with a fork, so as to mix them properly.
- Add the beaten eggs to the skillet/ wok and mix well. Cook the ingredients for 2 minutes, on low heat, while making sure to stir them all the time.
- Transfer the ingredients in the skillet/ wok to the saucepan with the rice. Stir all of them well, to ensure a thorough mix.
- Add ground black pepper to the rice and mix well. Your egg fried rice is ready to be served. Just scoop it into a serving bowl.
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 4 Eggs, beaten well
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Boiled Peas
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped French Beans, boiled
- 1/4 cup Carrots, chopped and boiled
- 1" Ginger, grounded
- 4 Garlic Flakes, grounded
- 3 Green Chilies, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce (optional)
- First of all, put oil in a pan and place it on flame. After the oil gets hot, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilies to the pan and simmer for a minute.
- Now, mix in turmeric powder and red chili powder and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the mixture. Allow them to cook for 5 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring constantly.
- Finally mix in salt and garam masala, followed by the cooked rice and mix well. If you want, you can now add the soy sauce and mix.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the rice cook for 5 minutes. Scoop it into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.