Whenever you crave for pizza, do you have to dial to Dominos’ or Pizza Hut for pizza delivery? Or maybe you order pizza from outside because you don’t know how to make the delicious pizza sauce which comes with the readymade pizza. Actually, the tantalizing taste of pizza greatly lies in the pizza sauce. The essence of pizza lies so much in the sauce that it actually can make or break the taste of pizza. If you are among those who dread eating pizza at home because it lacks the taste of the scrumptious sauce, then there is good news for you. You can easily make pizza sauce and that too with the simple stuffs from home. Pizza sauce is a great experimental food and the taste of the food widely depends on the imagination. Making pizza sauce at home is also a great way to control the amount of nutrients your family eats. What else, you can also add herbs and make the pizza a healthy and appetizing fare for your family. Explore the following recipes to know how to make pizza sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
Basic Pizza Sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 ounces tomato sauce
- 11/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste
This is one of the simplest recipes for making pizza sauce and can be made by even novice chefs too. All you have to do is to mix all the ingredients together and spread it on the dough. Now add your favorite toppings to it and entice your family members’ taste buds with your homemade pizza sauce. You can experiment with the herbs according to your taste buds.
Classic Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 16 ounces Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp. basil powder
- 3 large onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tomatoes
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 Garlic cloves chopped and crushed
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the olive oil to it. Now sauté the garlic and onion in the sauce pan until golden brown.
- Now add the other ingredients to it and bring them all to a boil. Now cook them on low for almost two hours. Stir occasionally to avoid them from setting at the bottom.
- Give time for the tomatoes to soften completely. You could also use a potato masher for crushing them.
- Continue stirring the concoction until the mixture reaches the consistency of a rich soup. You can run it through a sieve if there are many tomatoes seeds and if the mixture is not very smooth. You can add seasoning according to your taste.
- Now let the sauce cool before you spread it on to the dough. You can keep this mixture in an airtight container for further use. Voila! You are ready with your sauce.