Tartar sauce is a thick white sauce that has mayonnaise as its main base. Apart from that, the sauce comprises of ingredients like finely chopped pickled cucumber, capers, onions (or chives), and fresh parsley. At times, things like hard-boiled eggs, olives, and horseradish are also added to the sauce. Tartar sauce was invented by the French, as a condiment for steak tartare, and today, is used the world over. One of the best uses of tartar sauce is in the form of seasoning, for fried seafood dishes. The sauce, usually, has a rough consistency and might also be added with vinegar, for a sharper flavor. In the following lines, we have provided a very easy recipe, for homemade tartar sauce.
Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipes
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 3 tbsp Sweet White Onion, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mixing Spoon
- Take a bowl and put all the ingredients in it, except salt.
- With the help of a spoon, or hand, mix all the ingredients together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put in the refrigerator at least an hour, before serving.
- For best results, leave the sauce in the fridge overnight.
- 1 cup Mayonnaise/Salad Dressing
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 large Dill Pickle (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 Small Onion
- 1 large Egg (hard boiled & quartered)
- 1 tbsp Capers (drained)
- 1 tsp Chives (snipped)
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse, until they are blended well enough to become saucy.
- Refrigerate for some time. The tartar sauce is ready to be served with your favorite dish.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dill Pickle (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Green Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Peel (freshly grated)
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Keep the bowl covered in the refrigerator, for about 4-6 hours.
- Serve the cool tartar sauce with your dish.
- 4 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 cup Sweet Relish (chopped and drained)
- 1 dash Lea & Perrins
- 1 cup Chow Chow (sour and drained)
- 1 bunch Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 dash Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 medium Onion (chopped fine)
- Mix the above listed ingredients well and refrigerate them overnight to get the best flavor.
- Serve the tartar sauce with your favorite dish.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 tsp Capers (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Peel (grated)
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve next morning, with your favorite dish.