As soon as the ground gets covered in the white blanket, snowball fights start gaining ground. It becomes almost impossible to make the children stay indoors and be warm, when the streets are covered with thick layer of snow. However, the falling of snow brings along with it a pleasurable experience as well, that of making snow cream. The traditional recipe has been passed on from generations and continues to thrill kids till date. It is as simple as making a basic vanilla ice cream and tastes delicious too. So, as soon as snowfall starts in your locality, keep a container outside and gather fresh snow, to make a delicious recipe out of it. As for the rest of the instructions on making snow ice cream, go through following lines. While there are a number of variations of the basic recipe, we bring you a couple of very easy-to-make and popular snow cream recipes here.
Snow Ice Cream Recipe
- 8 cups Fresh Snow (liquid measure)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Vanilla
- Put approximately 8 cups of fresh snow into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ingredients - first 1-cup sugar, then 2 tablespoons vanilla and finally, 1-cup milk.
- With the help of a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients well.
- Continue mixing till the ingredients are well combined and snow attains the texture of ice cream.
- Serve immediately, since snow cream does not hold well in freezer.
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 4 cups Snow
- 4-5 Raisins
- 2-3 Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Egg, beaten (optional)
- 1 Banana, overripe
- Put 4 cups of fresh snow into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, condensed milk and vanilla extract to the snow. Blend well.
- Stir in the puree of one overripe banana.
- Add raisins, one beaten egg and cinnamon to the snow cream.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Serve immediately, do not freeze.
- 1 cup Sugar
- I tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 1 pint Plain Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- A pinch Food Color
- 1 tsp Water
- 4 cups Snow
- Take a large bowl and put snow in it.
- Combine condensed milk, plain milk, eggs and sugar, until they blend well.
- Pour the milk-sugar-eggs mixture into the snow and stir well.
- Add one-tablespoon vanilla essence to the mixture. Fold in a pinch of food color, which is dissolved in one teaspoon of water.
- Combine all the ingredients well, to make the snow cream.
- Transfer the snow cream to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.
- If you want a heavier flavor for your ice cream, replace milk with canned cream. This would make your snow cream look, smell and taste creamier.
- Make use of readymade cocoa mix, if you want to change the flavor of your snow cream to chocolate. For the recipe, rest of the ingredients and method would remain the same, except the cocoa powder.
- You have to make sure that the snow used for the recipe is clean. Therefore, scoop out snow from an area that is free of dirt.
- It is always suggested to make use of snow that falls during the initial days of winter.
- You may refrigerate the snow cream for a while, before serving it to your kids.