When it comes to birthday celebration, nothing can beat the charm of cutting a cake. While you can easily get a cake, in any flavor, made from the nearest bakery shop, a homemade cake impresses the birthday boy/girl the most. At the same time, it comes across as quite inexpensive, when compared to a market bought one. In case you are looking for something different, then this recipe for ice cream cake will prove to be useful. Go through the following lines and get instructions on how to make ice cream cake.
Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 3 Round Cake Pans
- 2 quarts Ice Cream
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- A few tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Wax Paper
- Cake Mix/ Cake Ingredients
- Utensils, Bowls, etc (for preparation)
- First of all, you need to decide on the kind of cake and ice cream flavors you want to combine together. One option is chocolate cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- Next, you will have to go to the market and buy all the ingredients required for making the cake. Buy ice cream on the day you plan to make the cake.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and leave it for sometime, say 10-15 minutes, so that it thaws a bit.
- In the meantime, create a mold for the ice cream. Take one of the round cake pans and line it with wax paper.
- After the ice cream has thawed enough to allow you to handle it easily, fill the round cake pan with it.
- Cover the cake pan with plastic wrap and keep it in the freezer for at least a few hours.
- Meanwhile, you can concentrate your efforts on making the cake. Divide the cake mixture in the 2 remaining round pans.
- Bake the cakes until they are done. Thereafter, remove them from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- Now is the time to prepare the whipped cream. Take a bowl and put whipping cream, vanilla and sugar in it. Whisk well.
- After the whipped cream is ready, put the bowl in the fridge for a few minutes, to let the cream chill a bit.
- Now, the cakes, whipped cream as well as the ice cream are ready. It is the time to assemble the cake.
- Place one of the cakes on a plate. Take the ice cream out of the round pan, place it on the cake and top it with the second cake.
- Use the whipped cream to ice the cake and keep it in the fridge to set. Take out the cake only when you are ready to serve it.