Attention chocolate and ice cream lovers - Here’s a tantalizing, finger-licking dessert for you with the tempting richness of chocolate and chilliness of an ice cream that promises to be an unforgettable experience with every bite. Chocolate ice cream cake is a mouth-watering dessert that is ideal for all occasions. Tasty chocolate dug deep in every creamy frosty bite is sure to make this dessert a winner amongst all those with a sweet tooth. So, whether you are planning a birthday or an anniversary, you can hardly ever go wrong with the delectable chocolate ice cream cake as the dessert option.Putting up a chocolate ice cream cake would surely act as a treat that everyone would relish and cherish forever. For more recipes on chocolate ice cream cake, read on.
How To Make Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Simple Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
- 2 large Eggs (separated)
- 1 ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ gallon Favorite flavored Ice Cream
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ¾ cup Sweetened Whipped Cream
- ½ cup Fresh Fruit (sliced)
- Preheat the oven.
- Grease and sprinkle flour on the baking pans.
- In a small bowl, take the egg whites and whip it till frothy, adding sugar in between.
- In a large bowl, sieve together flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Now, add oil, buttermilk and egg yolks to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg white mixture into the batter and mix again.
- Pour the batter into each prepared pans and bake till done.
- Take out from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Wrap each layer separately in foil; freeze several hours before serving.
- Just before you serve, take out the cake and the ice cream from the freezer.
- On a plate, arrange the cake and the ice cream in layers, starting and ending with cake. Wrap it on a silver foil and put it in the freezer.
- Just before serving top of cake with whipped cream and fruit slices and serve.
Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 12 ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 12-ounce Marble Pound Cake (cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices)
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream (softened)
- 20 Chocolate Wafers
- 1 pint Chocolate Ice Cream (softened)
- In a saucepan, boil the heavy cream in medium high. Take chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the boiling cream on top of it. Leave it still till the chocolate starts to melt. Stir with a fork to make the ganache.
- Pour out half of the ganache (1 cup) evenly into the lined pan and spread to cover the base.
- Wrap the ganache with a single layer of tightly packed cake slices into flat and even layers.
- Then, spread the vanilla ice cream evenly over the pound cake.
- Cover the ice cream with a layer made of half of the chocolate wafers and spread the remaining ganache evenly over the wafers.
- Top the ganache with another layer, using all of the remaining wafers, and place the cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes to chill and firm up.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and spread the chocolate ice cream over the wafers. Top with another flat, single layer of tightly packed slices of pound cake, trimming 1 or 2 slices to fill in the gaps.
- Cover the cake completely with the plastic overhang and freeze until firm, at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To loosen the ice cream cake from the pan, just upside down the pan.
- Sprinkle the crushed chocolate wafers over the ice cream cake and cut into slices.
- Serve chilled.