Christmas is a time for merriment. The whole family gathers under one roof and celebrates the joy and festivity that is prevalent all around. What better way to have fun on the holiday, than to have some delicacies prepared by kids? When even the thought is so amusing, the feeling is bound to be overwhelming. There are several Christmas recipes that are easy to make and require least of effort on the part of children. Browse through the following lines to find some easy and fun kids' recipes for Christmas.
Fun Christmas Recipes For Kids
- 1 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 cup Sugar, powdered and sifted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cup Flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- The first step would be to cream butter in large bowl. Add sugar to the cream until it is light. Add a tsp of vanilla and stir the mixture.
- The next step would be to filter the flour well and add salt and nuts to the mixture. Mix well.
- Once the above two steps are done, shape the mixture into balls.
- Flatten the balls and place on unbuttered cookie sheet.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes at 350 deg.
- Once baked, roll the balls in powdered sugar. Do it twice - once when they are straight out of oven and next, when they are cool.
- 1 1/4 cup Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Sugar, divided into two equal parts
- 1/3 cup Butter or Margarine, melted
- 12 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tsp Lemon Peel, grated
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed
- 20 ounce Cherry Pie Filling
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and butter or margarine in a bowl.
- Take a 9- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan and put the crumb mixture in it. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Once the mixture is pressed, place the pan in the refrigerator to freeze, while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- For the filling, mix cream cheese, lemon peel, vanilla extract and the remaining - 1/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat the mixture well, in an electric mixer, for about 2 minutes, until its color is light and texture fluffy.
- Once the mixture has been prepared, fold in the whipped topping and spread onto the chilled crust.
- The last step would be to spread the cherry pie filling over the cheese mixture and chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator until it's ready to serve.