Cooking can be all the more fun, if preschoolers don the cap of a chef. This early experience in the kitchen also helps develop their interest in cooking. There are certain easy recipes that, apart from satisfying the preschooler's palates, can be fun for them to make as well. With proper guidance by the parents, kids can even cook great delicacies. Does this fact surprise you? If yes, then you surely need to let your child takeover the kitchen. In the following lines, we have provided some of the easy recipes parents can do with their preschoolers. Believe me - its all fun and, not to forget, yummy as well!!
Easy And Fun Recipes For Preschool Kids
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ cup Flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Bananas, mashed
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Take a large bowl and allow your preschooler to put the measured flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in it.
- Now, allow him to mix all the ingredients well.
- In a blender, mix together milk and egg.
- Now, add the above flour-sugar mixture and blend again.
- Let your child mash the bananas with a folk and add them to the blender.
- After blending all the ingredients, pour the mixture/batter in a bowl.
- Let your child add chocolate chips to the batter and stir it well.
- Grease each of the muffin cups well.
- Let your child scoop the batter into the cups. Make sure he fills only half of each cup.
- Place the cups in a preheated over and bake them at 160 deg C for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- The banana chocolate chip muffins are ready to eat.
- 2 cups Carrots, Grated
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- Tomato Ketchup
- Grate the carrots, chop the onions and beat the eggs.
- In a bowl, let your preschooler mix the grated carrots, onions, eggs, bread crumbs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Let him pour 2 tbsp of canola oil in a non-stick pan.
- Now, heat the pan on a medium flame.
- Once the pan gets heated, let your child hand you the carrot mixture.
- Drop a quarter cup of the mixture in the pan and press it down, using a spatula or fork.
- Roast it until it turns golden brown. Now, turn it to the other side and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer it to a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Let your child add tomato ketchup alongside the patty.
- The yummy carrot patties are ready to be munched on!
Orange Dream Milk
- ½ Orange
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Honey or Sugar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- Whipped Cream
- The first step would be to peel the orange and chop the segments in half.
- Let your child arrange the segments in a small bag and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Once frozen, let him take out the segmented orange.
- Get the blender and let him put the orange segments in it, along with milk, honey or sugar and vanilla.
- Now, blend the ingredients together, until the mixture turns foamy.
- Pour the drink in the glass and let your child add a bit of whipped cream.
- The orange dream milk is ready!