Preschool age is a stage when it becomes very difficult to handle and take care of kids. They are so full of energy and vigor that it is indeed a challenging task to keep them busy and engaged. They like running around and making them sit in one place is no less than a monumental task. At times, it becomes truly impossible to handle them, particularly when you are busy with some chores and household activities. This is where the fun art and craft ideas, which attract toddlers and keep them occupied for hours together, come handy. Crafts are a great way to enhance the skills and dexterity of preschoolers. They will not only have fun sorting out the steps to create these amazing crafts, but will also have a sense of achievement and positive self image. Besides, such activities will help improve and modify their co-ordination skills, like eye-hand co-ordination, hand-to-hand co-ordination, promote self discipline and thereby augment the general development of the child. Check out some interesting crafts for preschoolers that are given below.
Easy Craft Ideas For Preschoolers
This is one of the most funny and messy crafts for preschoolers, which they will surely love to sort out.
- Old Magazines, Newspapers & Comic Books
- A pair of Scissors
- Construction Paper
- Have your kids select their favorite pictures from the old papers and comic books.
- Cut each of the pictures to size, using the pair of scissors.
- To make the collage, start by laying down the newspaper on the floor, so that the glue does not spread
- Take the construction paper and randomly arrange the cut pictures over it.
- Using the glue, attach the pictures over the paper.
- Once done, you can decorate this collage by using different tinsels and trinkets.
Owl Paper Plate Craft
This craft is very exciting and the kids are sure to have a blast while creating it on their own.
- Three Paper Plates
- Construction Paper ( orange, brown and yellow color)
- Markers (optional)
- Googly Eyes (optional)
- With the bottom facing forward, fold one of the paper plates to about a third. This will be the head of the owl.
- Over the folded part, cut and paste 2 short slits and fold them back up. This will be the tufts or feathers on the owl’s ears.
- Next, paste the googly eyes over this section. In case you don’t have the eyes, you can simply paste two eyes cut out from the construction paper.
- For the beak, you can use the construction paper and cut a small half-circle, with a small square off the rounded side.
- Form a cone by curving the edges around and shut it by using a staple.
- Attach this paper plate to another paper plate.
- Cut another plate in half, to form the wings of the bird.
- Finally, the feet of the bird will be formed, by cutting them from the construction paper.
- You can further color the owl in any desired pattern, using crayons or paint.