Wine cakes are considered to be delicacies and are very popular with people all over the world. They are very commonly prepared during festive occasions and add a different flavor to celebrations. Kids as well as adults love to have wine cakes and they can easily be consumed as dessert dishes. The best part about the cakes is that they are very simple to prepare and do not require much time and effort. Some very interesting wine cake recipes have been given below. Read on and get some useful tips for preparing delicious wine cakes and pastries.
How To Make Wine Cake
Red Wine Cake Recipe
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ cup Red Wine
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 package Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Butter
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the egg yolks, sugar and butter, until a smooth and creamy mixture is obtained. To this mixture, add the chocolate chips and the vanilla essence and mix thoroughly.
- Now, in another small bowl, mix the flour and baking soda and add this to the creamy mixture.
- Next, add in the red wine and blend well. To this, add the desired quantity of cocoa powder.
- Preheat the oven to around 170° C or 360° F. In a lightly greased cake pan, pour in the mixture and bake for around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When done completely, allow the cake to cool for some time and serve after decorating.
Dairy-free Wine Cake Recipe
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 3 cups Flour
- ¾ cup Oil
- ¾ cup Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ½ cup Sherry Wine
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- In a huge mixing bowl, blend together the egg yolks, sugar, wine, vanilla essence, oil and water, to form a fine mixture.
- In another bowl, blend in all the dry ingredients i.e. the flour, soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Now, beat the wet ingredients with the sugar in a blender, on low speed, for around 30 seconds.
- To the above mixture, add the dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes more, at medium speed.
- In a greased 8x8 inch square cake pan, pour in the batter.
- Preheat the oven at around 350° and then place the pan containing the batter inside the oven.
- Bake for a total of about 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cake glaze by blending the powdered sugar with 2 tbsp of water, until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool for some time at room temperature. Remove from the pan and pour glaze over the cake.