Mrs. Khanna took her 5 yrs son out for shopping. When they were done with shopping, she took him to a nearby eatery, where they ordered potato fries. Her son fell in love with the fries instantly and from then on started demanding for the fries on an every day basis. It is not only Mrs. Khanna’s son, but many other people, young or old, who just love fried items. Frying has long been a preferred method of cooking and is enjoyed by all avid cooks. Deep frying is a delectable way to enjoy food. When you deep fry something, a delicious, crisply browned outside surrounds the warm goodness inside. There are many recipes that can be prepared using deep frying as a method of cooking. This article provides you with recipes for deep fryer, which you can enjoy sitting at home, without shelling out lump sum bucks on pricey restaurants.
Homemade Deep Fried Recipes
Deep Fried Onion Rings
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 1 ½ cups Beer
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 very large Yellow Onions
- 3 cups Oil, for deep frying
- Combine flour and beer in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and allow the batter to sit at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Thereafter, cut onions into 1/4-inch thick slices then separate into rings.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Using metal tongs, dip a few onion slices into the batter and then carefully place them in the frying pan.
- Fry onion rings for about 2 minutes, turning them once or twice until golden.
- 6 large Baking Potatoes (peeled and cut into strips)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Ice water
- Oil, for deep frying
- Soak the potatoe strips in ice cold water for an hour at room temperature. Drain them well and pat them dry with the help of paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer.
- Put single layer of potato strips in a deep fry basket and fry them in hot oil for 3-4 min.
- Once fried, drain them on paper towels keeping them warm in the oven, while frying the remaining batches.
Fried Ham Bites
- 1 lb Cooked Ham, grounded or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green Bell Pepper, very finely chopped
- 1 ½ lb lean bulk Pork Sausage
- ¼ cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fine Dry Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Milk
- Oil, for deep frying
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Dipping Sauce
- Combine together ham, sausage, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, brown sugar and mustard and mix them well. Shape them into 1-inch balls.
- Heat up oil in the deep fryer to 360o and fry ham balls in batches, for about 3-4 min, until they turn crispy brown.
- Once fried, drain on paper towels and keep them warm in the oven on a paper towel lined cookie sheet.
- Serve them with sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Apple Fritters Deep Fried
- 1 cup Apples, finely diced or grated
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Orange Peel, grated
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Vegetable Oil, as required
- Combine egg, milk, apple, salt, orange peel, orange juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and fold together the dry ingredients into the apple mixture and stir until the flour turns moist.
- Take 1 tsp of batter and drop it into hot oil. Cook until golden brown for about 3 min.
- Drain the apple fritters thoroughly on paper towels. Roll them in sugar or sift the sugar over the top of apple fritters.