All of us ought to be grateful to the Italian Luigi Bezzera for having invented the cappuccino machine. Had it not been for him, we would never have known what we were missing! There is almost nothing that can beat the popularity of cappuccino today. Made with hot milk, espresso and steamed-milk foam, cappuccino is almost ambrosia-like. It is savored the world over by a countless number of people. It becomes hard to put the cup down after just the first couple of sips. Understandably so, you may even find your mouth watering at the mere mention of cappuccino! You may also yield to the temptation of indulging yourself daily with a cuppa. And this may lead to your wallet becoming lighter by the day. This is where homemade recipes come to your rescue. You can prepare your own cappuccino at home the way you want. As it does not take much of your time, you can also prepare it when you have friends dropping in unexpectedly. Read on to know more on some interesting homemade cappuccino recipes.
Easy Homemade Cappuccino Recipes
- 4 cups Evaporated skimmed milk
- 2 quarts Brewed coffee
- ½ cup packed Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Mix coffee, milk and sugar in a large saucepan and stir.
- Cook the mixture, stirring continuously until the mixture begins to boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the required extracts.
- Serve hot.
Peppermint Cappuccino Recipe
- 1 small Peppermint pattie -- unwrapped and quartered
- 2 teaspoons Milk
- 1 cup hot Brewed coffee
- Whipped cream
- Place peppermint pattie pieces and milk in a large microwave-safe mug.
- Microwave for 30 seconds at high or until candy is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Stir in hot coffee until mug is almost full.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Orange Cappuccino Coffee Mix Recipe
- 1 cup Instant coffee
- 1 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 cups non-fat dry Milk powder
- 1 teaspoon dry Orange peel
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend till the powder becomes consistent.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of this mixture with one cup boiling water for individual servings.
Instant Chocolate Cappuccino Mix Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate Milk powder
- 2 cups instant Coffee
- 3/4 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store the combined mixture in an airtight container to be used later.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of this ready powder with hot water or hot milk as and when required.