For those with weight issues maintaining a healthy weight can prove to be quite a nightmare. To stay fit and trim is a dream that for many people stays just that. A healthy weight not only boosts the self confidence but also contributes a lot towards how you feel about yourself. So, it becomes all the more necessary that if you are overweight you learn to control it. Since, improper diet is the main reason for accumulating weight you need to be selective in what you eat. Many people, desperate to lose weight go on a crash diet, which reduces their weight as long as they follow its rigorous routine. But diets are hard to continue for a long duration. Once they leave the diet they start gorging on food and return to their overweight figure. A simple remedy is to watch what you eat and in the process you will watch your weight. Junk and greasy foods, low on nutrition are the main reason for weight gain along with minimal activity. Adopt nutritious and low fat foods and you have the perfect answer to control your weight. These healthy recipes will help you to maintain healthy weight without cutting down on the amount of food that most diets require. Read below for several such recipes.
Recipes To Control Weight
- 1 1/2 cups shredded non-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 cups Dry curd
- 1/3 cup fat-free Egg substitute
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Onion
- 20 ounces broccoli (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached Flour
- 1/4 teaspoons White pepper (ground)
- 3 tablespoons fat-free Whole-wheat cracker crumbs (finely ground)
- Take half a cup of cheese in a bowl and mix it together with all the other ingredients except the cracker crumbs.
- Grease a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and place the broccoli and cheese mixture in it.
- Then sprinkle the cracker crumbs over the mixture.
- Top it with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees F till the top becomes golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves – 12
Cream Of Potato Soup
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 2 medium Leeks (coarsely chopped)
- 3 medium Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon dried Chives
- 1/3 teaspoon dried Tarragon
- 4 medium Potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 4 cups canned Chicken broth (reduced-sodium, or vegetable broth)
- 12 ounce fat-free evaporated Milk
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 teaspoons fresh Chives (chopped)
- Heat oil in a skillet and then sauté the garlic and leeks for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried parsley, chives and tarragon, and coat them properly with the leeks and garlic. Stir fry for one minute.
- Now add the potatoes and the broth and then bring it to a boil. Ten reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Take the potato mixture along with a little broth and blend it in a food processor until smooth.
- Return the potato puree into the skillet and then add evaporated milk and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle salt and paper. Divide the soup into bowls and sprinkle fresh chives.
Serves – 6
Thai Curry Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium Onions (sliced)
- 2 medium Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Thai curry paste
- 14 fluid ounce light Coconut milk (divided)
- 2 teaspoon Fish sauce
- 2 small Sweet red peppers (cut into 1/2-inch squares)
- 1/2 pounds Baby carrots
- 1/2 pounds Green snap beans (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 15 ounce firm Tofu (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cups Water
- 1/4 cups Basil (sliced)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes till lightly browned.
- Add the curry paste, milk and fish sauce to the skillet and mix thoroughly. Bring it to a boil.
- Now add the peppers, carrots, green beans and tofu.
- Simmer for 20 minutes with occasional stirring till the vegetables are tender.
- Remove only the vegetables keeping the gravy in the skillet.
- Now mix the cornstarch with the water and add it to the gravy. Bring it to a boil until the gravy is thickened.
- Add the vegetables and basil to the gravy and stir for 2 minutes then serve.
Serves - 8