Vegetarian cuisine is not only healthy, but can be delicious too if you know the right way to cook it. Most non vegetarians wonder what the options are for a typical vegetarian dinner. Nevertheless, starting from soups and salads to pasta and stir fry, there are plenty of vegetarian recipes that you can try. In fact, eliminating meat at least once a week is good for health too, especially for people who are high in cholesterol. Plus, fresh fruits and vegetable are also rich in antioxidants that help eliminate toxic free radicals from your blood. While choosing vegetarian dinner ideas, focus on beans, pulses, and fresh vegetables that you and your family enjoy to eat. If you are new to vegetarian cooking and if you are looking for quick and healthy dinner ideas for your family, then here are some nutritious meal ideas that you can try for your folks. Read on to learn more.
Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
- 1 lb box Lasagna Noodles
- 6 Zucchini (cut lengthwise into slices)
- 20 ounces low-fat Cottage Cheese
- ½ cup Basil (chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cups Tomatoes (diced)
- 4 red Peppers (finely sliced)
- 5 cups Marinara sauce
- ½ cup chopped Basil, Oregano, or Thyme
- ¾ cup chopped Onions
- 5 Portobello Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 30 ounces shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 red Onions (thinly sliced)
- Sauté the vegetables in olive oil.
- Take a pan and line the bottom with a layer of dry noodles.
- Add about ¨÷ of the marinara sauce over the noodles.
- Next, put ½ layer of the cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle herbs over the cheese, and top it off with a layer of vegetables.
- Repeat all the layers.
- Finish with a layer of noodles, topped with tomato sauce and finally a thick layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the pan with a plastic wrap and then seal it with an aluminum foil.
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Take off the plastic and foil, and continue to bake for another 10 minutes at 450° F until the cheese crust turns brown.
Carefully remove the lasagna from the oven and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves or other fresh herbs.
- Serve hot.
Vegan Risotto With Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth or Water
- ½ cup sun-dried Tomatoes in oil (drained and sliced)
- ¼ cup fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Risotto rice
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and cook. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Allow to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until rice just starts to brown.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- When most of the liquid has been absorbed, add one more cup of water, along with the tomatoes, basil and parsley.
- Serve hot.
Other Vegetarian Dinner Ideas
- Grilled Cheese
- Veggie Burgers and Sweet Corn on the grill
- Veggie Chili
- Vegetable Curry
- Stir Fry
- Broccoli and Cheese Frittatas
- Pasta Salad
- Baked Tempah
- Kitchen Sink Salad
- Veggie or Cheese Pizza
- Mac & Cheese
- Tomato Soup
- Stuffed Baked Potatoes