Your kitchen is the most important area of your house. The paint of the kitchen is as important as the color scheme of any other area of your house, because a considerable time is spent cooking delightful delicacies therein. Hence, kitchen colors should be invigorating and stimulating to the senses. You are at liberty to do innovations in your kitchen colors, to give it the desired look and a lot of innovative options are also available. The idea is to use uplifting colors, which give pave way for a pleasant ambience in the kitchen. Explore the article for some great kitchen painting ideas, so that you feel energized to cook and eat.
Ideas For Painting Your Kitchen
- If your kitchen area is small, paint it in lighter colors, as it will give the illusion of a larger space. Common colors chosen for painting the kitchen include warm hues of yellow, such as pale yellow, lemon, butter, sunshine yellow. Orange, peach, terracotta, pumpkin, rust and red shades of ochre, alizarin, chestnut, puce, and dusty rose are also preferred.
- If your kitchen is too big, you may want to give it a smaller look and a cozy feel. Paint one of the walls of the kitchen with a dark color, to make it appear a tad bit smaller than its actual size.
- Monochromatic color schemes are also popular for painting the kitchen, primarily because they are easy on the eyes. Such colors make look your kitchen simple. A warm shade of white, taupe, brown or beige will make your kitchen sober and balmy. Neutrals are capable of pulling all colors together and blend well with cabinets, countertops, and appliances regardless of their color.
- If you want to give your kitchen an unconventional look, opt for painting the walls blue, but with red undertones. This will make you kitchen look stimulating.
- To transform the look of your kitchen, you can also use stenciling. You have the option of choosing from a variety of stencils. If your kitchen portrays a country theme, you can use a rooster stencil to make a border along the walls, to complement with your theme. A painted or stenciled border of your country's flag will also look good and make your kitchen seem different. Note that stencils look best with solid colored walls.
- Sponge painting can also be tried to give a beautiful textured look to the walls of your kitchen and make the space look unique.
- Two colors can be used on the same wall to create stripes, which is also a good choice for a spunky kitchen look.
- Before going for the specific style of painting, decide the kind of look that you want to give to your kitchen and model your budget.
- The rest of your home décor will be an important factor in determining the colors that you use in your kitchen. Take care not to use starkly different colors.
- The size of your kitchen is a very important determinant of your paint scheme. For instance, warm colors are not good for a small sized kitchen.