Kitchen is undeniably one of the most important areas of a house. It is the place where meals are cooked and therefore, the room should have a very inviting and pleasing décor that encourage you to whip up gourmet dishes. So, there is no wonder that most of the homemakers take their sweet time to ensure that their kitchen is well-designed and beautifully decorated. The maximum liberty you can take while decorating your kitchen is with the walls, as they allow you to be truly creative. In case you want to know some feasible and inexpensive ideas for decorating your kitchen walls, follow the article.
Kitchen Wall Décor Tips
- Hang colorful plates on your kitchen wall, which will come down to be quite inexpensive as compared to prints. Hang the colorful plates on fancy wrought iron hanger. If your kitchen has a theme, you can get plates to compliment the same. Themes like group plates, with birds or cats on them, can also impart a furnished look to your kitchen walls.
- A nice idea to decorate your kitchen walls is to adorn them with your family photos. Get suitable frames for the photographs that match your kitchen décor. You can display them on your kitchen wall in any pattern that you like.
- You can choose a wall art design for the kitchen walls. There is a variety of designs to choose from, such as tropical wall decor, nautical wall designs, leaf metal wall art, sports wall decor, abstract wall art, and a lot more. However, make sure that whatever you hang in your kitchen is related to food in someway, or you can also keep it neutral, so that at least it doesn’t look out of place.
- A good option is to mount a metal pan rack on the wall and display your glossy and expensive cookware on it, instead of hiding them in the closets. This will also be an inexpensive décor option, as the only money you have to spend is on buying the metal rack. Go ahead and flaunt a new set of pots and pans in the rack.
- If you are good enough at painting, you can also paint an interesting design on the kitchen wall, on your own. You can buy or create stencil cutouts in different shapes or designs that you wish. Now, cut a kitchen sponge into half. Dip the halved sponge in the thinned acrylic paint. Hold the stencil on the wall and dab the sponge on the opening. You can also make a border near the top of the wall and do many such artistic experiments.
- You can also use accessories to decorate your wall. Simple accessories that are functional and stylish, adding to the usability factor, make up an ideal kitchen war décor. Decorative moldings can also be used to impart a look of uniformity to the kitchen. Moldings are available in several varieties and finishes. You can also match them with your cabinets and rest of the kitchen décor.