There is something very alluring and attractive about the fall season, which has always mystified and enthralled people. This enchanting season, with its vivacious shades and beautifully colored foliage, has been a source of joy for all and has inspired poets and writers through the ages. In this aspect, the works of William Butler Yeats, Paul Verlaine and John Keats need special mention. In his poem, “To Autumn”, Keats has very beautifully captured the essence of the season in all its majesty and excellence. Apart from this, the season also has a Celtic association to it, as the festival of Halloween is observed during this time. This is also the time when the harvest festival of Thanksgiving and the Jewish festival of Sukkot are observed. Such a rare confluence of celebrations and events make this season unique and matchless. To get into the true mood of the fall season, people often beautify their indoors with bright and vivid colors and patterns. In fact, decorating your house during the season is very simple, as you don’t have to invest in a lot of materials and decors to make it look good. Nature is at its best during this time of the year and all you have to do is take a little stroll around your house to get some inspiration. To help you know how to decorate home for fall season, we have provided certain ideas in the lines below.
Fall Home Decoration Ideas
- Bring the colors of the season inside your house, by opting for a lot of bright greens, browns, reds and oranges.
- You can replace the spring flower decorations in your house with the greenery of fall season, through ferns or artificial pumpkins, apples, pears, etc. Place these artificial fruits in a big bowl and use it as a centerpiece on the table or in any corner of your house.
- It would also be a good idea to replace the sheets and fabric of your house with those containing images of fall fruits, greenery and veggies.
- You can also adorn the different corners and rooms of your house with accessories that will blend with your fall color scheme.
- Fall is a great time to make garlands and wreaths out of leaves, berries and such other naturally available materials. You can use them to adorn your entrance hall, mantle or even your dining table (as a centerpiece).
- You can also get into the true mood of the autumn season by bundling stacks of logs near your fireplace. In case you do not have one, simply place a log basket as the focal point of your living room.