When you make your office in your home, you naturally expect high productivity from your home office. Productivity requires efficiency and organization. Your office room must be a comfort zone for you. Your work rate multiplies when you work with peace of mind. You don't want to end up making your home office room look like a Vietnam tunnel. Yes, people are always confused about how to decorate a home office. Most people end up making a very timid, claustrophobic office room without having proper ideas about decoration. The main aim of the office decoration ideas is not only to make the room look good but to make it serve the practical purpose also. Even if the room is small, you can make it look beautiful and big with office design concepts. It’s important to decorate your home office in a manner which reflects your personality. Read the article further to know more about the home office design ideas.
Decoration Ideas For Home Office
Planning The Space
- Measure your office space before you start planning colors for the walls and select furniture.
- A clear idea about your office space will help you decide the style and size of the furniture.
- Draw a sketch of your room and mark where you might place furniture pieces and other accessories. A rough sketch is enough, because there is no need to be too specific in the first stage of planning.
Furniture And Storage
- Select furniture according to the theme of your office. Compare the color of the furniture with the color of the wall and the lighting in the room.
- Choose furniture pieces that are sturdy and stylish.
- Select chairs and table which suit your work style. This can ease your physical stress while working.
- Consider about shelves and bookcases that can help you keep files and other important materials.
Color Scheme And Themes
- In most cases, the size of a home office is small. Dark colors make the room look even smaller. You must be very careful about the color of the wall. This can cause a claustrophobic effect.
- Always use light colors to make your room look bigger than it is, in real. Cream colors, lime, lemon, and orange are good colors for a home office. The colors of the wall must make you feel comfortable and must inspire your creative mind when you are at work.
- You can give a vibrant look to your room by giving it three or more suitable colors.
- If you like to decorate your room by placing art works such as paintings, you can go for white color for wall. White will highlight the other colors and objects that is attached to it.
- Plush lighting can make your room look elegant .
- Various kinds of lights are available in the shops. Most of these lighting accessories are design combinations of lights from postmodern culture and ancient cultures of the world. Thus, these lightings add the slick factor in your office room.
- Consider purchasing artwork like oil painting or sculptures only if they are suitable with your office theme.
- You can also decorate the room with throw pillows, beautiful curtains, and rugs. Scented candles and fresh flowers also help to enhance the office ambience.
- An inspiration board will help in encouraging you and the people who would visit your office. Combine some great thoughts and images of people together and decorate your office with them. This inspiration board will give you a shot of encouragement when you feel frustrated and depressed.