A nice-smelling house keeps the inhabitants in a fresh mood for the entire day. Good fragrance has a calming affect on our mind and it helps us relax after a long, tiring day. Bad odor oozing from the house can be very off-putting for visitors as well. Agreed, it is a bit difficult to keep your house sparkling clean all the time, so that it naturally smells fresh, due to time constraints. However, a nice soothing aroma in the house can compensate for that. Read the article to know some valuable tips on how to make your home smell good and relieve the foul smell.
Making Your Home Smell Nice & Fresh
- Get a room freshener of your favorite fragrance and spray it generously in your rooms. The fragrance may not stay for the entire day and you may have to spray the air freshener once more in the evening.
- You can also burn incense inside the house, to keep it smelling good. Incense has a fresh and florid fragrance and has a calming affect on your mind as well.
- Essential oils can also be a great way to keep your house smelling good throughout the day, with their soothing aroma. Your can use an aroma therapy diffuser to disperse the aroma of essential oils in your room.
- If you have babies and you want to counteract the smell of their diapers, essential oils should be used. Tea tree and lavender oil are naturally antiseptic and anti-bacterial in nature. Put a few drops of these oils in your baby's diaper disposal bag and they will neutralize the foul smell.
- Baking soda is also known for its odor absorption properties. Put a table spoon of baking soda at the bottom of your kitchen garbage bag. It will neutralize the stench of garbage.
- Use carpet deodorizer before vacuuming the carpets, to keep them smelling good.
- You can also spray some amount of your favorite perfume on an unlit light bulb. Now, switch on the bulb and the wonderful fragrance will gradually spread in the entire room, as the perfume gets heated by the bulb.
- Scented candles can also be used to make your room smell great. Light one candle for 30 minutes in a day.
- An inexpensive way of spreading nice-smelling aroma in your home is to get a spray bottle and fill it till half with your favorite fabric softener. Mix half a cup of your favorite detergent into the solution. Fill water in the rest of the bottle. Shake the bottle well and spray the solution on the curtains, artificial flowers, carpets and other fabric.
- You can also bake bread in your house. The smell of freshly baked bread is delicious and will stay with you throughout the day.
- A natural way of keeping your house smelling good throughout the day is to grow herbs in your kitchen. They can be also used for cooking purposes.
Don’t smoke inside the house, as tobacco has a very strong smell and no amount of air freshener will be able to counter it.