Smoky stench is the most unbearable smell around the environment. Whether it transmits out of a person or some object, it is the worst odor imaginable. And to top it all, if your furniture has caught on the smell, be prepared for a long tedious wait to get smoke smell out of the wood. Have patience, because it might take a long time to remove the odor. Remember that the task of removing the smoke smell from woods can take a period of about a few days to even a few weeks. So, make use of the products that are highly effective for removing the smell and at the same time, do not ruin the wood. Read on further to know ways to remove smoke smell from woods.
How to Remove Smoke Smell Out of Wood
- The best way to accomplish your task is to put the furniture out in the open. Let your furniture be exposed to the fresh air outside. This would help you get rid of the smoky stink and also dispel any remaining smell.
- Incense sticks are a great way to disguise the smoky stench. Burn some incense sticks around your furniture, so that it absorbs its fragrance and dissipates smoldering smell.
- You can even go for odor elimination sprays, which are widely prevalent in the market. Try a few for resultant effect. Go for the milder ones for unfinished wooden furniture.
- You can opt for ionizing air filters, as they may remove the stench from the woods, very effectively.
- You may sprinkle baking soda on the furniture. Before sprinkling the baking soda all over your furniture, test it on an inconspicuous spot of the wood. If nothing happens, you can go ahead with the procedure. Sprinkle the baking soda all over the furniture. After leaving it for few hours, vacuum up the baking soda. Wipe the furniture with a clean cloth, to complete the process.
- Coffee undoubtedly spreads out a pleasant aroma. So, grind coffee beans and place them in coffee filters. Now, tie the filters to close them. Place the pouches on the furniture. Leave them there for several hours, before vacuuming them up.
- Make a mild solution by mixing one part of bleach with three parts of water. Now, dip a clean cloth in the solution and use it to wipe down the wood. Leave the furniture as such for a couple of minutes, so that the bleach and water work on the wood and soak the odor. Next, clean the furniture with a dry, soft cloth. This would remove the unpleasant odor of smoke from the wood, effectively.
- In order to get smoke smell out of the wood, you may place a cloth soaked in vinegar on a piece of the furniture or somewhere nearby it. The vinegar would soak all the smoky smell.
- Placing bowls of crushed charcoal around the furniture and leaving them overnight is a nice idea to get rid of smoky smell from the wood.