Clothes can make or mar the personality of an individual. While wearing clothes that make you look good is important, it is also necessary to ensure that you feel comfortable in them. This is because if you are not at ease in the clothes, it will easily show in the way you carry yourself and thus, have a negative effect on your appearance. Many times, we find clothes too stiff to be worn and stop using them altogether. However, stiff clothes can be made comfortable by treating them with fabric softener, which makes them lose all their tautness. If the softener is a homemade one, all the more better! Check out the easy recipes given here and know how to make homemade liquid fabric softener at home.
Easy Fabric Softener Recipes
- Baking Soda
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Essential Oil (optional)
- Large Bucket/ Container
- A large Stick
- First of all, you need to get a large bucket or container, which is enough to hold at least one gallon of liquid.
- Put 1 cup baking soda in your bucket or container. Thereafter, add 1 cup of water to it. Mix it well.
- Next, you need to pour in 6 cups of distilled white vinegar to the water-baking soda mixture. Make sure that you pour the vinegar very slowly, into the mixture.
- You will notice fizz forming in the bucket/ container, because of vinegar reacting with baking soda. Let the mixture fizz for a few minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water to the mixture. With this, the fizzing process will come to an end.
- With help of a large stick, mix the ingredients properly.
- Next, add 10-15 drops of pure essential oil. It will help give the fabric softener a pleasant scent. Mix the ingredients again, with the help of the large stick.
- Your fabric softener is ready! All you need to do is put it in a clean container of your choice and store properly.
- 3 cups White Vinegar
- 2 cups Hair Conditioner
- 6 cups Water
- Large Container (with lid)
- First of all, take a large container that has a lid. Now, pour white vinegar and hair conditioner. Mix the ingredients well, with a stick. By doing so, the mixture will become frothy, mainly due to the presence of the hair conditioner.
- Now, it is the time to add water to the vinegar-conditioner mixture. This would reduce the frothiness of the mixture and make it look and act just like a fabric softener.
- Close the lid of the container and store it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- For every bucket of clothes, you may add one tablespoon of the homemade fabric softener.
- Always mix the soda-vinegar-water mixture with a stick, not with your bare hands. It might harm your skin.
- Before softening your expensive clothes, try the fabric softener on your inexpensive clothes first and look for any chemical reaction. If the product doesn’t ruin the fabric of your clothes, you have prepared the right concentrate of the softener!