Children occupy a special place in everyone’s heart. Not only this, anything which is related to kids suddenly tugs at the heart strings. With this one can very well understand that importance of a children’s room in a house. For parents, it is the most dear and lively corner of the house, towards which they pay extra attention. So, in case you are planning of decorating your children’s bedroom, there are a number of ideas given below for your help. Remember, as this is the room, where your child will spend maximum time, it should be well furnished and garnished accordingly.
Childrens Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- One of the initial and easy things that you can do while decorating your children’s bedroom is deciding a theme. For instance, you can choose princess or beach theme, if you have a baby girl. For a baby boy, you can choose a sports or jungle theme.
- As per your theme, you can decide the color of the walls, the upholstery, the items and souvenirs in the room.
- You can even choose your kid’s favorite cartoon or fairy tale character for the theme.
- In general, whatever colors you use as per your theme, make sure, they are not dull. Use vibrant and rich colors, which will make the room appealing to the kids.
- The furniture in your kid’s bedroom should be in accordance with his needs. Apart from the bed, which should be soft and comfy, you can place tables or desks, chair, etc if he requires it for studying.
- Bunk beds are a good option for your child as they have a protective railing around them, which reduces the risk of injuries.
- Place the bed next to a wall to increase the playing area in the room. Do not put in under a window.
- Use small, soft cushions, pillows and quilts, draped in patterned or themed covers.
- You can even add bean bags or stools in the bedroom, which are easy to move around and require less space.
- For curtains as well, use bright colors and fascinating prints. Use light fabrics, which are easy to maintain.
- If you have hard flooring, use rugs or carpets. Use short- weave woolen rugs or carpets as they are soft and do not harm the skin of the child.
- You can use creativity in adding accessories to the room such as clocks and mirrors. There are different types of accessories in the market, which will spruce the interiors of the bedroom considerably.
- The lighting in the room is also an important aspect, which should be taken care of. You can either use bright lamp shades or just simple lights as per your discretion. Make sure the lights are well placed and oriented, illuminating the right corners of the room.