Basil is the name of an herb that is native to Iran, India and other tropical regions of Asia. In cultivation for more than 5,000 years, the herb is available in a large number of varieties. Amongst them, the most common ones include sweet basil (mainly used in Italian dishes), along with Thai basil, lemon basil and holy basil (popular in Asia cuisine). Apart from being added to food items for flavoring and garnish, basil is also used to make delicious sauces, one of which is basil cream sauce. In the following lines, we have listed the procedure on how to make basil cream sauce. Go through it and enjoys a delicious sauce within a matter of minutes.
Basil Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 ounces Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pint Light Cream
- Put basil and garlic in a blender and mix well.
- Now, add the oil olive and blend for 40 seconds, or until the mixture becomes soft.
- Add pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. Again, work the blender, this time for 1 minute.
- Place a saucepan over low heat and put the cream in it.
- Keep on heating the cream until it starts simmering.
- Take out half of the hot cream and put it into the blender, along with basil mixture, and blend for 20 seconds.
- Take out the blended mixture and pour it back into the remaining half of the hot cream.
- Let the cream simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Your basil cream sauce is ready!
Tomato Basil Cream Sauce Recipe
- Can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Half a small onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. shredded fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put a saucepan on medium heat and add a little butter to it. Now add the finely sliced onions to it and sauté it until they are golden brown.
- After the onions have turned golden brown, add the tomato sauce to it and stir it. Now add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer the contents for fifteen minutes or until the water evaporates.
- Set the flame to low and add the cream and the basil to it. Let the contents simmer for one to two minutes and then put the flame out. Serve it hot with pasta.
Lemon Basil Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Put the saucepan over the flame and add the butter to it. Let the butter melt and add garlic to it. Sauté it for few minutes until the garlic gets cooked.
- Now add the cream and the chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook for few minutes and then
- Bring to a boil, and cook 8 minutes or until reduced by half. While you cooking it, you can whisk the lemon juice and cornstarch together to make a smooth paste.
- Now add the lemon juice and cornstarch to the pan and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add basil to it when you are ready to serve.