Valentine's Day is the most romantic occasion of the year, eagerly awaited by the loving hearts. Well before the advent of the month of love, most of the couples are busy, figuring out the plans for the day. Many of them find their home to be the most comfortable and relaxing place to spend the entire day with their beloved. The cozy atmosphere at home sets the mood for romance. If you want to make the occasion the most memorable one for you and your significant half, by spending the time at your own place, this article is just perfect for you. Explore the tips for celebrating Valentine's Day at home given below and select the one you find best.
Celebrating Valentine's Day At Home
- On Valentine's Day, you would not want clutter all over your home. Therefore, start cleaning the place well before your beloved is due to arrive. Dim the lights and place scented candles on the windows and dining table. A romantic place will automatically set the mood for the day.
- Place the couch in front of the fireplace. Get some snacks with a bottle of champagne. Make sure to serve the snacks on nice plates. Soft music in the background will add to the cozy ambience.
- You may arrange a soothing hot bath for your valentine. Fill the bathtub with red rose petals and warm water. Place a glass of wine and some chocolates by its side. Light candles around the bathtub. Make the arrangements well before your sweetheart enters home.
- Place candles in the stairway. Now, sprinkle rose petals from the doorway, all through to the stairway, leading to the bedroom.
- Arrange the bedroom with the best lines and throw pillows. You may spread out rose petals on the bed. Illuminate the room with scented candles. Spray air freshener, which spreads a soothing aroma all over the room.
- What about a romantic backyard dinner under the moonlight? Sounds very romantic, isn’t it? Plan it with your sweetheart or give him/her a pleasant surprise. Place candles all around your backyard. You may also use oil lamps. You may either arrange the dinner on a table or spread a mat and sit on it to dine.
- Pamper your sweetheart's senses with oil massage. You may use essential or scented oils for the purpose. Put out a comfortable blanket and pillow for your partner and arrange other items give him/her a gentle massage. This will surely heighten the romantic mood on Valentine's Day at home.
- You may read out Valentine's Day poems and love messages to your valentine. Use your imagination and pen down the feelings for him/her in advance. After the dinner, you may read them out or assort them in a nice gift box and present it to him/her.