There was a time when gray hair was the exclusive domain of the old. Not anymore! People who are still in their twenties and thirties can now be seen sporting the salt-and-pepper look and trust me, it is not a fashion statement. In fact, these guys and girls are ‘condemned’ to sport one of the most established signs of age - beacuse of premature greying. You know that it is serious when little kids begin addressing you as uncle or aunty. And why blame them, when the only gray hair they earlier saw were on the head of their grandparents. Thank them for not calling you something worse. Desperate people in desperate times call for desperate measures. So, people resort to plucking the offending strands or dying them or even going completely bald. Though, if you ask a naturally bald man, he would prefer some gray strands instead. Now, instead of rectifying the root cause of gray hair, people try to root them out. Naturally, success is short lived. The main cause of premature gray hair is stress. Remember when you asked your mommy the reason of her gray hair and she answered that it is because of the worry you gave her. You then looked at your grand mom and wonder what a terror your mom had been. So, drive away the stress and you will eliminate grey hair. In the meantime, there are other options for treating grey hair. Want to explore them in detail? Read on and learn all about gray hair treatment.
Tips For Treating Grey Hair
- Add 1 gram of ground black pepper to 100 grams of curd and mix thoroughly. Now, apply this mixture on the scalp and hair and leave for about an hour. Wash your hair with warm water and a mild shampoo. Use this mixture at least once a week, for excellent results. This treatment delays the onset of grey hair to a great extent.
- Blend a bottle gourd and then strain it to extract the juice. Mix olive oil or sesame oil in it and then apply it to your hair. Leave for one or two hours and then wash your hair.
- Take some gooseberries and mango seeds and blend them together, to form a paste. Apply this paste on your hair and scalp and leave on for some time. Wash your hair with warm water later on. Use this treatment regularly, to prevent gray hair.
- Take two cups of water and boil some tealeaves in it. Strain the liquid and set it to cool. Now mix two spoonful of salt in it and apply to the hair and scalp. Leave on for sometime and then wash off with warm water. Follow this treatment once in every 10 days, to control gray hair.
- Make a paste using henna powder and water and leave it overnight. Grind some walnut pulp and add it to the henna paste in the morning. Apply the paste on your hair. Leave it on until it dries and then wash off gently.
- Take a glass of buttermilk and add 2 teaspoons of yeast and 2 teaspoon of wheat germ. Drink this glass of buttermilk to control graying hair.
- Grate ginger and mix it with honey. Eat a tablespoon of this mixture everyday to prevent premature graying of hair.
- Mix coconut oil and lemon juice and massage the scalp regularly with the same.
- Massaging the scalp and hair with cow milk butter, at least twice a wee,k also proves very effective in preventing gray hair.
- Take 2 tablespoon of henna powder, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seed powder, 3 tablespoon of coffee, 2 tablespoon basil juice and 3 tablespoon of mint juice and make it into a paste. Apply this paste to the scalp and leave on for 3 hours. Afterwards, wash your hair thoroughly.
- Boil a cup of coconut oil and add some curry leaves to it. Boil it for another 10 minutes and apply to the scalp and hair.
- Banana, carrots, fish, and other fruits that are rich in iodine are excellent for controlling gray hair. Make them a part of your daily diet.