Falling a day before Ash Wednesday, Mardi Gras is name given to the last day of the carnival, before the start of the fasting period of Lent. However, in many countries, the entire three-day festivity is, now, termed as the Mardi Gras. During this time, parties and celebration seem to be the order of the day. Every household gears up for the occasion by throwing a party. For a party to be successful and memorable, games are very important. They add the fun quotient to a party, making it all the more enjoyable to be at. Are you looking for some games that you can play during a Mardi Gras party? In the following lines, we have provided some activities and games that can be a part of such a party.
Activities & Games For Mardi Gras Party
Gold Coin Treasure Hunt
- Golden Coins
- Gift Bags
How To Play
- Before the party commences, scatter the beads and golden coins all around the party place.
- When the guests arrive, hand each of them a gift bag, right at the entrance.
- After everyone arrives, inform all the guests about the game. Tell them that there are beads and golden coins scattered all over the party area. All they need to do is collect as many as they can.
- Set up a specific time limit, say of about 2 minutes.
- The person who collects the maximum number of coins and beads, in the said time, is the winner and is crowned as the Mardi Gras King or Queen.
- To play the game, divide the guests into two groups, with equal number of people.
- Make the two groups sit opposite each other, in the party place.
- Each group has to privately choose a word related to the Mardi Gras.
- Now, call a person from the other group and whisper the word in his/her ear. He/she has to enact the word in front of his/her group.
- If the other group gets the word right, they win a point. However, if the group fails in 3 trials, then the person who has enacted has to go over to the other group.
- The target of the two groups would be to catch as many member of the opposite side as they can.
- After the fixed time, the group with the most number of people would be declared winner.