Hilary Duff, Hayden Pannettiere, Eva Longoria, Rani Mukherjee - all of them have something in common. What? They are all petite beauties! You have seen them on the big screen and tinsel town; they all look gorgeous and stunning, despite the shortcoming of height. The magic lies in the way of dressing, which is put together by the cleverest of fashion designers. Although you may not have any designer at your disposal, you may also look tall and beautiful, even though you have a short frame. How? Here are listed some pointers of dos and don’ts which will help you dress smarter and add height to your body. Read on to know how to dress if you are short.
Image: Amnesia - Ibiza@flickr
Dressing Tips To Look Taller
- Since you are short, you need to give the illusion of height and for that; vertical tops are a very good option. Wearing tops in V-neck will also add to the height.
- Wear clothes that fit you well, as loose and bulky clothes attract the attention horizontally and make you look petite.
- Opt for high-waisted and slim pants. You can also tuck your shirt into the pants, to make you look taller.
- You need to emphasize other features of your body, like your shoulders, to distract the attention away from your petite size.
- You can also opt for open gilets and buttoned shirtdresses, as they also help give the illusion of height.
- You need to stay in proportion to your size and for that; avoid wearing huge bracelets or long dresses falling below your knee. Also, avoid wearing oversized glasses and thigh boots.
- One good way to add height and glamour to your short stature is by wearing stilettos. This will not only give you the desired height, but also add to the stylishness. However, avoid going for very high-heeled stilettos.
- Opt for small prints, when you are buying tops and frocks. Vertical prints and motifs would be a good option as well.
- Be cautious while wearing Bermudas and shorts, as they can make you look even more petite. Still, they have worked for many short people. You will have to experiment with them, to see whether they make you look short or tall.
- Wearing a monochromatic pattern will also help create a long visual line, thus giving the illusion of height.
- Although flat shoes are a rage these days, avoid wearing them if you want to really look taller.
- You can opt for skinny jeans, if your legs are long. A pair of dark colored skinny jeans will also add height to your legs and make you appear taller.
- If done cleverly, layering can work for your advantage, giving the body extra inches. You can layer a v-neck shirt on a tank top. You can experiment by layering different set of clothes, to check the one that works better for you. However, avoid layering with ruffled shirts.
- Hairstyle can not only add to your charisma, but also add the extra inches to your frame. Opt for short to medium length hairstyle, as it helps in highlighting the neck, thus making it look longer.
- Go for bright colored clothes, as they help add height. For best results, mix and match dark and bright color clothes to your benefit.
- Be cautious while wearing crop shorts and capris. You need to try them out, to see if they make you look taller or shorter.