It is essential to exfoliate your body, so that your skin looks radiant and healthy and its appearance is visibly improved. Exfoliation should be done regularly to remove the dead skin from your body and make your skin appear smooth. It also helps in improving the blood circulation in your body, which gives a natural glow to the skin. However, you need to take care that over-exfoliation does not take place, as it can cause serious damage to your skin. The article brings you some valuable tips on body exfoliation. Go through them and know how to exfoliate your body and keep your skin healthy looking and charming.
Image: Steve A Johnson@flickr
Exfoliating Your Body
- Exfoliating Brush/ Gloves/ Loofah
- Exfoliating Cleanser
- Brush your dry skin once, before getting under the shower. Use a body exfoliating brush or exfoliating gloves for the purpose. In case you have none of the two at hand, even a loofah will do well. Start from your heels and work your way up.
- Now, wet your body under the shower. Put generous amount of exfoliating cleanser on your loofah or exfoliating brush/gloves. Scrub your whole body with the cleanser, in circular motions. Take care to be gentle.
- Use a pumice stone to rub the rough spots in the body like the soles of your feet. After your body has been exfoliated, apply a moisturizing lotion to your body. Applying moisturizer to your body once in a day is essential.
Natural sand is one of the best products for exfoliating your body, especially in case of those who have a normal skin. For the purpose, all you have to do is take a cupful of wet sand and gently massage it all over your body. Now, rinse your body with clean water and apply moisturizer.
- Your cleanser should be grainy, so that your body is scrubbed clean. You can also make your own cleansing solution by mixing lemon juice, sea salt and ground almonds. You can also use other ingredients for the purpose, as per your convenience and their availability. However, do make sure that you don’t use anything which might react with your skin.
- If you are purchasing the cleanser from the market, try to go for the one which comprise of oatmeal, ground almonds and sea salt. At the same time, ensure the cleanser should not make your skin dry.
- You can even make use of a wash cloth for exfoliation. Just make sure that it is not too abrasive.
- It is advisable to use less abrasive products for exfoliation, especially if your skin is too sensitive.
- Ample caution should be observed while exfoliating dry or sensitive skin, as it may cause irritation.
- Make sure that you never use the body exfoliating products on your face, by any chance. The skin of your face is much more soft and sensitive than the body skin and body exfoliating products can be too abrasive for it.
- When it comes to your skin, always use branded products that are high on quality.
- If your skin has sun burns or open wounds, don’t exfoliate that area.
- While exfoliating, focus more on the back of your arms and thighs. You can also use a natural bristle brush for the purpose.