- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Exfoliation is essential to get rid of dry, flaky and dead skin, be it any part of your body. But when it comes to your feet, it becomes all the more necessary, since they are the most neglected body part and have to undertake the maximum wear and tear. Removing dead cells from the skin is important to ensure that the skin breathes well and shines naturally and the same is true for your feet as well, which bear the maximum brunt of your daily activity. Exfoliation will ensure that they become smooth, soft and conditioned. It will also make your feet look beautiful and attractive, laying the cornerstone of an effective foot care regimen. Go through the following lines, to explore some great tips on how to exfoliate your feet.
Exfoliating Your Feet
Exfoliation At Leisure
- Foot Spa Tub/ Basin
- Warm Water
- Soft Towel
- Foot Scrub
- Foot Cream/ Non-greasy Lotion
- Pair of Socks
- To start with the process of exfoliation, you will need either a small foot spa tub or basin. Fill it with warm water, while taking care to ensure that the water is not hot.
- Now is the time to add milk to the water. Remember, for every six cups of water that you have put in the tub/basin, add one cup of milk. It is a natural exfoliating and nourishing additive and will work wonders on your feet.
- Place your feet in the tub/basin and let them soak in the water-milk solution for at least 20 minutes. This will allow the milk's lactic acid to soften the skin on your feet.
- Next, take a soft towel and use it to gently pat dry your feet. Thereafter, it is the time to make use of a scrub that has been formulated specially for the feet. Make sure that the scrub contains granulated ingredients, such as Dead Sea salt, sugar or crushed nut powders.
- Gently massage the scrub into your skin, moving your fingers in a circular motion and paying special attention to the extra-rough spots on the heels and big toes. It will help loosen and remove dead skin from your feet.
- After scrubbing for a few minutes, it is the time to rinse your feet with plain water. Again, pat them dry with a soft towel.
- In case you are going to bed soon, apply a rich foot cream. Otherwise, apply a non-greasy lotion on your feet and wear a pair of socks. It will help seal in the moisture from the cream/ lotion.
- If you do not have too much time at hand and want to give your feet a quick exfoliation, a pumice stone or diamond file will come to your rescue.
- In case you have a diamond file with you, use it to gently scrub the roughest areas of your feet, before you go in for a shower. Do not use this file in shower, as it works the best on hard skin.
- For those who want to use pumice stone, doing the exfoliation while in the shower will be the best bet. Make sure to scrub gently, not vigorously, or you might end up hurting your feet.