For some people, going to office or work is not about putting on the same old grubby clothes year after year without a care for how you look or how you feel. Today, in an age of cut-throat competition, working is not only about giving performance or excelling in your career goals. It is about how you present yourself as a persona, as an image in front of others. Only by this way can you expect to be noticed among millions of others and be a step ahead in life. It is always good to see someone who induces variety and change in their ideal professional attire. However, one should never be too bold or too loud in their working appearance as this might be labeled as a desperate attempt to get noticed and might, in fact, have negative effects. So, the main ‘mantra’ is to keep it simple yet elegant. Some examples that can be cited in this aspect are Rose Mary Bravo (chief executive of the British company Burberry), Miuccia Prada, Anna Wintour (editor-in-chief of American Vogue) and the very First Lady of the United States of America, Michelle Obama. In a quote made by Andreì Leon Tally, an editor-in-chief of Vogue, Mrs. Obama has been featured as the ‘It’ girl in its April issue. These are the people who decide what to wear and how to wear. They have changed the entire traditional notion of men being the fore-players in the world of fashion and style. In the new era, a new generation of women has emerged who have, in fact, left men way behind in terms of trend setting and haute couture. Read on to get some valuable tips on working women’s accessories.
Accessorizing Women's Work Wardrobe
- While speaking of accessories, it not only refers to the pieces of jewelry, scarves and shoes to pair with the clothes. The attire, itself can be regarded as an accessory with which you can flaunt your figure and beauty.
- One word that comes to mind while talking about work wardrobe is ‘power dressing’. A complete business suit not only defines your figure but says a lot about your personality. The entire concept of power dressing emerged in the 1980s when there was a huge rage over bold jewelry, bright hues, and stiff shoulder pads. This was a statement made by the finer sex in those times claiming equal rights and respect in the work environment. However, today, such dressing has evolved more or less like a fashion ensemble worn by women while still maintaining their feminine image.
- A nicely tailored pencil skirt teamed with crisp cotton or a silk shirt looks really elegant and chic. This get up will be complete only when you add a nice pair of heels or stilettos. But remember to keep the color basic and neutral and not opt for any dazzling or glittering patterns. The common preferences for this are shades of black, brown, or white.
- In case you wish to add a little bit of drama to this, you can put on a bright color bracelet but keep the other pieces minimal like pearl earrings or diamond studs.
- Finally, to finish this look, you can adorn a nice and elegant piece of time wear. A wide range of such pieces are available all over to choose from. However, if you are willing to spill in the extra bucks, you can also opt for the designer watches that will definitely make you stand out in a crowd. This includes the luxury watches from Christian Dior, Tag-Heuer, Rolex, Omega, Cartier, Movado, Chopard and many more.
- Apart from power suits, you can also go for something casual but make sure that you don’t look sloppy or shabby in them. They should be clean and properly pressed and should also be devoid of any forms of wear and tear. This includes khakis in neutral shades, dark denims, lightweight sweaters, tops that can be tucked in and knee length skirts.
- You should also have certain basic accessories like handbags, make-up bags, small purses and tote bags so that you can conveniently carry all your requirements in them starting from work files to money, make-up, and jewelries. These will help you to be very functional in your work and avoid any kind of uncertainty and confusions.
- Keep a collection of shoes of various patterns like mid heel and high heel pumps for a more formal wear and some sneakers and flats for a casual look.
- Scarves are other chic accessories that can add a glam factor to your office look. They come in different shades and patterns and can be adorned in a variety of ways. You can simply tie a knot or tuck them around your neck. If you want to be a little more creative and innovative, you can also tie them using a number of techniques like the Ascot wrap, Butterfly wrap, French twist, Undercoat, Slip knot and so on.
- Finally, one accessory without which any look cannot be regarded as complete is the make-up. The term itself is a very concise form of a world of articles ranging from eyeliners, lip colors and concealers to blushers, eye-shades and mascaras. But always remember that while purchasing such articles for office, never go for too bright or loud shades. Also, try to keep it very minimal and basic.