While people claim that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, you would not meet many, who are thoroughly satisfied with themselves. Traditionally, women have been the target audience for beauty product manufactures. However, in the contemporary times, men are equally concerned about their looks and appearance. Talking about beauty, skin tone and color tops the ‘concern’ list. Even after thousands of assertions, the wish to have a lighter skin tone (How I wish I had a skin like her/ him – so fair, so nice, so beautiful) still remains etched in the minds of people, by large. This is where commercialism comes into play.
Starting from the local brands to the international ones, you are likely to find at least one skin whitening product in the range. However, the question is - do these products really work and whiten the skin tone? The answer is best not discussed. The products bought from the market are usually injected with harmful chemicals that make the skin worse, forget about the claims of whitening it. So, the best bet would be to indulge in homemade products. Not only are they chemical free, but also make the skin look brighter and appealing. In the following lines, we have provided effective homemade skin whitener.
Home Remedies for Skin Whitening
Oranges are valuable ingredients that help in the skin whitening process. For this, collect some orange peels and dry them out in the sunlight. Once fully dried, grind them to make a fine powder. Now, add a few drops of milk to this powder, to making a fine paste. Apply this paste on the face and wait until it dries. Thereafter, wash off your face using lukewarm water.
Sandal Facial Skin Bleach
Sandalwood powder not only lightens the skin tone, but also helps acquire an even texture and complexion. For this, you need to take small amount of sandalwood powder. Add to this, a few drops of lemon juice, cucumber juice and tomato juice. Mix all the ingredients properly, to make a fine paste. Now, apply this paste on the skin and leave it, until it gets fully dried. Rinse off the face using warm water.
Gram Flour Facial Skin Bleach
Take about 2 spoons of full gram flour and add to this, a pinch of turmeric powder and a few drops each of milk cream and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients to make a fine paste and spread it evenly on the skin. Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes. Once dried, scrub it off and later rinse your face with warm water. It would have beneficial effects on the skin.
Milk Powder Pack
Did you know that that milk powder, which you use for making tea and coffee, has beneficial effects on your skin? Take a small bowl and mix a tsp each of milk powder, lemon juice and honey. Add to this half a tsp of almond oil. Apply this mixture on the face and wash it off after about 10 minutes. Apart from whitening the skin, it would also bring a shine on the face.
Almonds & Honey
Almonds, when mixed with honey and applied as a paste, have beneficiary effects on the skin. They not only lighten the skin tone of the face, but also add shine to it. For this, you need to soak almonds overnight. The next morning, peel them and grind them, to make a fine paste. Now, add honey to it and apply it on the face. Once dried, scrub it off. It would leave the skin whiter and glowing.
- A combination of yoghurt and orange is found to be beneficial in treating skin darkness and dullness. Mix equal parts of yogurt and orange juice and apply on the face. Rinse off after about 15 minutes.
- Honey and lemon juice have been deemed as an ideal face whitening combo for long. For this, you need to combine equal parts of honey and lemon. Apply it on the face and after about 15 minutes, rinse it off.
- Cucumber and lemon juice, when mixed together, act favorably as a skin whitening product. Mix cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal parts and apply it on the face. Rinse off after about 15 minutes.
- Potatoes are natural bleaching agent. Apply potato juice on to the face and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off using warm water. Potatoes not only whiten the skin, but also reduce pigmentation and blemishes.
- A mixture of oatmeal with curd and tomato juice works well as homemade skin whitening product. Apply this mixture on the face and leave it for about 20 minutes. Thereafter, wash it off using cold water. It helps remove tanning and lightens the skin.