Are you sick of washing your clothes and still not satisfied with the cleanliness of them? Or do your clothes have bad odor even after washing? If yes, then this simply indicates that you don’t know how to do laundry in a correct manner. Doing laundry is one of the daily household activities that everyone needs to indulge in, as the requirement of clean and nice smelling clothes is never ending. You need to learn the right and organized method to wash your clothes. Though washing machines and advanced detergents have made the job easier, you need to know the right technique to get maximum benefit. Often people give laundry less priority until they just run out of the clothes to wear on the next day and when they see a nice big bunch of unwashed clothes, laundry seems to be a rocket science to them. However, laundry is not at all an unpleasant and challenging activity, if you learn some simple facts and be organized. In the following lines, we have mentioned steps on how to do laundry.
Learn Ways To Do Laundry
Things Required (Apart from your dirty clothes)
- Stain Remover
- Laundry Bins
- Dryer Sheets
- Chlorine Bleach and Fabric Softener (optional)
- Make separate chunks out of your clothes. Put all the shirts together, innerwear on one side, trousers, jackets and so on. Before going forward with the cleaning process, check all the pockets of the clothes as they may have some coins, paper, etc left in them.
- Check each clothes to find out stains and analyze the need to use the stain remover or not.
- If there is a need to use stain remover then, apply as directed in the label of the clothes and let it stand for 10 minutes before the wash.
- Operate and set the washing machine on a desired mode. Refer to the manual in case of any doubt.
- Start loading the clothes into the washing machine. Open the lid of the washer and put clothes one by one. Never put them together at once.
- Shake each cloth while putting them into the washer. By doing this, the clothes will get rid of excess dust. Sleeves should not be inside out.
- Do not overload your washing machine by putting too many clothes at one go.
- Once the clothes are loaded, put your desired detergent in the detergent dispenser of the washing machine. Some washing machines do not have the dispenser, in this case wait for the water to get filled in the washing machine and then add the detergent.
- Read the instructions on the bottle of the detergent to decide its quantity to be used for a particular number of clothes.
- If you want bleach to your white clothes, read the instructions on the washing machine and on the bottle of the bleach. Some machines have separate dispenser for the same. Never pour the bleach directly on the clothes. Add the desired amount slowly into a dispenser.
- Start the washer now. Most of the washing machines have the setting for the correct temperature of the water and time for each cycle.
- Choose the temperature of the water according to the kind of clothes to be washed. For white, kitchen towels, heavy clothes, etc use hot water while for bath towels and such clothes use cold water.
- If the machine has a separate dryer, remove the tray of the dryer and put in the washed clothes. To avoid static cling use dryer sheets.
- Set the setting of the dryer according to the instructions present in the manual of the washing machine. Different fabrics require different setting. Turn on the dryer and set the timings.
- To decrease wrinkling and static cling, some people add fabric softener. Take out the recommended quantity and pour it in the fabric softener dispenser. If the washing machine doesn’t have this dispenser, pour it manually during the last cycle of the load. It should never be poured directly on the laundry.
- Don’t hang the clothes directly under the sunlight to dry as the color may fade and use strong pins to hold them.
- Separate your clothes. Keep similar clothes together. Separate the white clothes from the colored ones.
- Each cloth has washing instruction written on it. Read and understand the symbols before putting it in the washing machine.
- Be organized and buy several laundry bins and place them on the house common places. Also to be more precise, stick labels on them representing where to put dark clothes, light clothes, white clothes, etc.
- Explain your family members the rules of putting the dirty clothes in the laundry bins following the labels on them.
- Do not add bleach while clothes are inside the washer.
- Never add bleach if there is any dark colored cloth inside the washer.
Now you know how to do laundry, make your clothes breathe to the fullest with a hygienic, safe and clean wash. Follow these tips on how to do laundry to achieve the same.