The main function of a laundry detergent is to clean clothes of all their dirt. However, washing all your clothes with a single detergent is foolhardy. Different types of fabrics require different types of detergent, so as to preserve the quality of the cloth. You must have seen how your sweater shrivels up when you wash it in the normal detergent. In addition, some clothes lose their soft texture and become harsh and rough when the wrong detergent is used. Amongst the different varieties of detergents, people now have a wide range of choices. And so, the task of choosing the best onehas become more difficult. Advertisers promise a one-for-all solution but this hardly applies. This is because of the variety in the texture of the cloths. In addition, if you have to remove stains then it requires hard treatment, which only specialized detergents can give. This does not mean that you use these specialized detergents regularly since they come loaded with chemicals. Though they are very good in removing stains, but can destroy the cloth on regular use. So, to maintain the quality of your clothes, it is very necessary that you choose the laundry detergent carefully. To know more on how to choose the right laundry detergent for your clothes, go through tips that follow.
Choosing The Best Laundry Detergent
- First, choose whether you want a powder or a liquid liquid. Liquid detergents are more expensive than powdered ones. In addition, if you are using cold water, remember that powered detergent does not dissolve quickly. For delicate items, liquid detergent is the best, though it costs more.
- Now figure in the cost of the detergent. Stay away from the very inexpensive laundry detergents as they may harm your clothes. Also, you may require more amount of detergents per load. Go for those detergents that require fewer amounts per load, even if they are a little bit expensive.
- If you are using a washing machine, use those detergents that are specifically made for high efficiency washers. The regular detergent will cause excessive suding and in the long run, may harm your washing machine. So, it is better to read the washing machine manual to decide on the type of detergent that you must use.
- Select those detergents that are environmental friendly. Check the list of ingredients to see that it does not contain any phosphates, which can harm the environment. Environmental friendly detergents are good for your clothes as well as your health.
- Different types of stains require different types of detergent. To remove difficult stains use enzyme based detergents. These types of detergents use natural chemicals to treat harsh and difficult stains.
- Other type of detergent includes the high and low sud detergents. Go for low sud detergents as they are less likely to harm your machine.
- Choose the detergents depending on the fabric of your clothes. For delicate fabrics like silk and wool use, go for detergents that are bleach or enzyme based. For such clothes, there are also specially made soft detergents.
- For baby clothes, use detergents that do not cause allergies, as a baby's skin is very sensitive. For that, you have to go for a reputed brand or detergents that are especially made for baby clothes. They should also smell good.
- For white clothing, use bleach formulated detergents and for colored clothing, use the ones with brighteners.