Having the same, plain colored walls in your house, year after year, can be a bit boring. After all, variety is the spice of life and change is inevitable, right? Are you looking for some new ideas to enliven the walls of your house? Why not go for sponge painting? As the name suggests, sponge painting refers to the process of painting the walls, or rather any surface, with the help of a sponge. The best part of the whole procedure is that it is easy to do yourself and does not require any technicalities. Want some help? Read the instructions given below and learn all about painting with sea sponge.
How to Sponge Paint
- Eggshell Base Coat
- Paint Color(s)
- Large, Flat Sea Sponge, with medium pores
- Artist's Brush, with fine bristles
- Paint Brush
- First of all, you need to decide on the color(s) that you want the walls to have.
- Go to any home improvement store and purchase the color(s) of your choice.
- Next, you need to purchase eggshell base coat from home improvement store.
- Using the eggshell base coat and paint brush, paint the wall that needs to be sponged.
- Let it dry completely.
- Take a bowl of water and dip the sponge in it. Now, take it out and wring it thoroughly.
- Lightly dip the sponge in the paint that you want for your wall.
- Lift the sponge out of the paint and squeeze it, to ensure that it is not dripping wet.
- Lightly dab the wall, which you want to paint, with the sponge.
- You can rotate the sponge to get different types of patterns.
- Tear off a small piece from the corner of the sponge and use it to cover the corners of the wall.
- In case any area is till left, dab dots on it, with the help of an artist's brush.
- Let the sponge-painted wall dry.
- If you want your wall to be multi-hued, repeat the procedure with other colors. Make sure to apply the dominant color, the last of all.