Are you a die-hard shopaholic? Do you fancy shopping even while asleep? While being shopaholic is fine only until the time you don’t start crediting money for the same, shopping in excess can cause your home sweet home to look like a storage area rather than a place to reconcile and relax. Result - clutter what with too many things and too less space to store. Space management is an absolute necessity which everyone staying at a house should ponder upon before stuffing it with more and more things. With real estate prices soaring sky high, it is not possible to get huge apartments, forget bungalows, for residing. As such, people today have to be contended with living in small areas. While small homes are cozy and comfortable, they need to be adequately and mindfully furnished so that there is less clutter caused. Also, often, while cleaning the house, you would find a bundle of things which are not required and those that are required only at a certain time of the year or month. While you can throw away the former, the latter requires appropriate storage so that you can reach out to them whenever required. By indulging in these activities, the storage space increases by twin folds and your house ends up looking neat and spacious. You can also make the best out of the hidden space in your house to keep the not-so-necessary items. Remember, a clean and open house feeds a positive feeling into the people living and makes the mind fresh. In the following lines, we have presented some ideas and tips for home storage. Include these and make your house spic and span.
Useful Tips For Home Storage
- The very first step of creating space is to look inside your cupboards and shelves. Throw away all the unnecessary items that have been lying there for a long time, waiting for you to use them. Also, things that you don’t plan to use in the future should be done away with. Ransack all the cupboards in your house. You would be surprised to find the space created. The space thus created can be used to keep the items which are creating clutter at home. Make sure that the cupboards include only those things which are you require.
- You can make use of the furniture at home as a storage option. The shelf at the back of the bed, bed boxes, mirrors that come with a hidden storage space at the back are some options to explore. While the helves can be used to keep small clothes like undergarments, hangers, etc, the bed box would assist in storing heavy items, blankets, vacuum cleaner, etc. The mirror space can be used for storing toiletries and cosmetic products.
- In case you have empty space in your book shelf, then don’t go for a separate shelf for keeping office files. Instead, keep both of them together. You can also store books and office files in the drawer of your computer table or at the almirah above the computer table. This would help you have all the necessary documents and files at reachable distance.
- Most of the time the bathroom ends up being the most cluttered area of the house, not because it has less space but because there was absolutely no planning that went into while constructing the same. Did you know that even small bathrooms can have a decent storage space? All you need to do is logically place the furniture. This could be below the sink or behind the door. Having slabs around the sink would help you place your toiletries. Make sure you have decent storing space in your bathroom wherein you can keep all the sanitary and grooming items.
- Buy a dining table for your house that has some shelves. These shelves can be used for storing daily crockery items. It is advisable not to go for a bulky one, if you have less space at your home. In case you have absolutely no space but still want to get a dinning table for your house, opt for a sliding one. One side of such a dining table is attached to the desired wall. You can slide it whenever required and slide back after use. For your home bar, get bar stools instead of couches as they acquire less space and look modern and stylish
- The dressing table in the room can be used for storage purpose. The drawers of a dressing table are generally narrow, but nevertheless, allow you to store cosmetic items. If you have wider space, then you can keep magazines as well.
- In the kitchen, best storage area is under the sink. One can keep water pipes, dustbin and other bulky item of kitchen inside the cupboard present under the sink.
- Kitchen can have a lot of storage area. Utilizing it in the right way can really help in space management. Vertical shelves can be used to store large utensils of the kitchen, while sliding drawers are best to keep small utensils and grocery items. It increases the space and makes the kitchen look more managed and organized. Utilize the space under the sink for placing dustbin. This would hide away the trash, utilize the space and make the kitchen look spacious.
- In case you have a small house but loads of stuff, make sure you have ground to ceiling cupboards at one of your walls in every room. You would never regret of less space or more stuff or clutter once you have huge cupboards. Stuff in everything that is of use to you and do away with unnecessary items.
Implement these tips for home storage to make your home look more spacious and roomy. Also, these ideas for home storage would lessen the clutter at your home by miles.