In the world of four packs, six packs and eight packs, having a stick thin figure is like a blemish to the personality. Even an Armani suit doesn’t look good on a person who just have bones on his body. Although other people who gain weight fast may look at you enviously, you may be struggling to gain muscles to look decent. Although gaining muscles is an outcome of strenuous activities and often doesn’t come to people who don’t have a very arduous lifestyle, it can be gained with a disciplined workout. Read on to know the tips for gaining muscles.
Tips for Building Muscles
- You must have heard the importance of exercising and you probably be doing so too. However if you are not getting the desired result then you may not be exercising the right way. To get muscles you need to exercise in a right way. First, you need to choose the right exercises for you and focus on the body parts whose muscles you want to develop.
- You may need to develop an exercising program in order to be able to get the maximum benefits of the exercises and in shortest possible time. Talk to your gym instructor about it and develop a program, which includes cardiovascular exercises, squats, weight lifting etc.
- One more thing which is very important is that you need to know that muscles doesn’t grow while exercising but during rest. And so you will have to make sure whatever organ you exercise for one day, gets a chance to rest at least 20 to 24 before you use it again.
- While you exercise a muscle, you need to fatigue it so much, so that it gets broken at the cellular level increasing the protein synthesis, which produces thicker muscles fibers. Now give your muscle ample time to recover. To reduce the time period of building muscles, take longer recovery periods during sets and have more resurgent days between workouts.
- Incorporate compound exercises instead of opting for exclusive exercises. It is always better to start doing isolated exercises after you have built base and mass muscles.
- Incorporate proteins like meat, poultry, fish, whey, eggs, milk etc in the diet. Take whole grains like oats, quinoa, brown rice etc. include lots of veggies and fruits in your diet like spinach, broccoli, tomato, salad, bananas, apple, oranges, peers etc. use flax seeds, olive oil, real butters, nuts, fish oils etc.
- Eat small meals but eat frequently and throughout the day. It will give your body the essential fuels to build muscles. You need to avoid junk, sugary, and processed foods. Add yogurt, shakes, dips etc as snacks in your diet.
- Drink ample water and incorporate health drinks in your diet such as Gatorade and Red Bull. Check out the drinks, which have the combination of carbohydrates and proteins, as the blend is good for reducing muscle damage and increases muscles gain.
- If you are a teenager then give the muscle gaining program a miss for some years. If you start the process to early, it may stretch your muscles and you would feel fatigued faster.
- Sleep well. Even if you eat too much and workout too much, if you don’t sleep enough, you would not gain muscles and may even injure yourself. Have at least eight hours of sleep.
- Keep changing your routine on every four to six weeks. It will not let your body adapt to your exercise routine and that will help you gain muscles. Increase weight after you have comfortably exercised on one, and change the exercises frequently.